[Tutorial] Converting .3DS to .CIA for Dummies!

Queno138 Nov 6, 2014.

1. Queno138
    OP

Queno138 Ravens

Sep 18, 2010
    Senegal
    Luigi's Dark Mansion
    it's actually in the guide. make sure the checksum is right.

it's probably liomajor's 3ds_to_cia.

2. Kingfield

Kingfield GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 8, 2007
    Oh right, yep the checksum is fine. gonna try again now with a bigger SD card. hopefully that was the problem...

EDIT: yeah, nah. gonna try some other games now...

3. satel

satel Luigi's Big Brother

Nov 3, 2004
    Laos

i would say it was Lazy tool v1.1 as i just tried it with another awkward to convert game & it worked so it must be this tool but i doubt it supports downlaod play so for me it's only good for games that don't support this feature.

4. MichiS97

MichiS97 "Leftist snowflake milennial"

GBAtemp Patron
    MichiS97 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 14, 2011
    Germany
    Munich
    Sadly, your package doesn't let me create my own rsf anymore. I select that I want to create my own rsf then I'm asked wether I already have the rom.rsf in the folder or of I'll copy it there when prompted, I choose the second option because I can't create the rsf without the exheader.info file which is created by your programm. Then it isssues the same prompt again saying that there's no rom.rsf in the folder, well there obviously isn't. I tried to put a generic rom.rsf into the "Step 2"-folder since I thought that it will prompt me later to put the right rsf in there but no, it uses the generic rsf to build my CIA. Is there any way to get my hands on the exheaderinfo.txt? That would probably solve this problem since I'd be able to put the right rsf into the folder right away. I'm using the latest version, 5.1.4b

5. Henceforth

Henceforth GBAtemp Regular

Sep 30, 2014
    Argentina
    (Using CFW 4.4 (Usa))

Sorry but i have to say this, after testing a lot of programs to get 3ds to cia.
    I have found one that gets me all my errors on games resolved, this
    3ds to cia v2.00 (Liomajor). (Link: http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-...nto-repacked-roms.373839/page-13#post-5166605 )

(On the other hand i was using the original program queno138 with my own rsf file, and that works but has less options and is have more steps, other programs give me errors when trying to
    use my one rsf so that it is).

At the end, desire in the future someone fix save on pokemon xy and get work new games on cfw.
    Have a nice day, and thanks for your help.
    See you next time.

(Pd: Games of 4GB takes me like 3hours to install , example this game Bravely Default)

Queno138 likes this.
  6. Queno138
    OP

Queno138 Ravens

Sep 18, 2010
    Senegal
    Luigi's Dark Mansion
    is your SD card class 10?

7. 54321

54321 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2011
    United States
    My key never gets the right checksum. Am I supposed to copy the right side of the colon only or include the left side as well? I've tried multiple times already.

8. misterb98

misterb98 Moral Gateway User. Wat.

Aug 24, 2010
    United States
  9. Henceforth

Henceforth GBAtemp Regular

Sep 30, 2014
    Argentina
    Yes 32GB class 10.

10. Queno138
    OP

Queno138 Ravens

Sep 18, 2010
    Senegal
    Luigi's Dark Mansion
    I am using that region.py.

region.py and rsfgen.py is from vappy.

unless vappy had yet another update that I wasn't aware of.

11. misterb98

misterb98 Moral Gateway User. Wat.

Aug 24, 2010
    United States
    Odd, I added the lines 2 and 3 myself. Also, after testing that one didn't work, I updated it and with this one I successfully ran EUR A link between worlds on a US 3ds with parental controls.

The two extra lines simply activate all the region-specific rating settings with the lowest game rating available. Works great. :)

Attached Files:

Queno138 likes this.
  12. redunka

redunka GBAtemp Fan

Nov 26, 2014
    Russia
    Can someone help me? I made cia of Gaist Crusher God and it gives me black "an error has occured" screen. First Gaist Crusher works fine. I used auto rsf and remove region lock.
    P.S. Using Gateway.

13. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    I keep getting errors on creating rom files at the end now using the pack. I have tried now Sonic Boom Euro & Pokemon Alpha and the other one Euro and all fail at the end. Anyone know why?

14. majinspyda

majinspyda Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2009
    United States
    Has anybody found an answer to this as im experiencing the same issue. i can get pokesav to read the file however when i upload back into pokemonx.cia the game crashes and returns me to main menu

15. SMVB64

SMVB64 Now your playing with power! Super power!

Feb 13, 2013
    Canada
    Interesting, were you using Gateway EmuNand or CFW? I couldn't even open the .sav file savedatafiler created on custom firmware.

16. majinspyda

majinspyda Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2009
    United States
    i am using CFW. i can start the game from scratch and when i attempt to save the game crashes. however it does create a save file which i was able to extract with savedatafiler. When i reupload into the .cia with savefiler the game crashes as well.

EDIT: i uploaded my main file to show i got it extracted

Attached Files:

SMVB64 likes this.
  17. majinspyda

majinspyda Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2009
    United States
    so to follow up i see that when i extract extdata from pokemonx.cia i notice that it only creates 2 files 0001 and 0002. However the retail version creates way more files inside of the ext data on the sd card.

Im copying the retail version extdata to the sd card for the cia and will see if it resolves this issue

18. SMVB64

SMVB64 Now your playing with power! Super power!

Feb 13, 2013
    Canada
    Thanks for the upload, ill do a comparison with mine.

Also from a what a member told me on the forum, the reason why Poke X/Y wont save is due to the fact is needs FW 5.0.0 as a minimum to save data.

So someone may have to create a "save spoof" to get it work on lower firmwares. The only option is that we can try injecting a working save made by a gateway user to our CFW version with savedatafiler? Supposedly auto save works but to get the auto save function we have to save the game once haha

[update:] Oh ok, I didn't think of that, it could be just missing files

19. majinspyda

majinspyda Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2009
    United States
    just copied over the missing files and still have the same issue. it looks like it creates the save file 0001 and 0002 but stops there and crashes. it probably is the 5.0 sdk save issue.

even with a gateway save i used from the community saves it still has the same issue. i will reinstall from scratch and attempt to upload the main file again that i modified to see if that helps

how would we even go about spoofing the save when the rom is utilizing 5.0 sdk? wouldnt we have to attempt to spoof the rom at 4.x sdk?

20. Dan-the-Rebirth

Dan-the-Rebirth GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 5, 2014
    Australia
    hey i tryed to convert the savefilefilter.3ds(renamed csu) to a cia but i get the xorbat are not located error....what did i do wrong??

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted