OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Requirements

• Two SD Cards
  • A PC with an SD card reader
  • A 3DS with version 4.5 or lower (follow the downgrade portion of this guide)
  • A DS Flashcard
Software Download Links:

Part 1: Setting up 9.4 emuNAND
  1. Copy the MT Card Launcher.dat to your SD Card, along with the exploit installer.
  2. Insert the SD Card into your system. This will be the 9.4 emuNAND SD.
  3. Install the DS Exploit using MT Card's installer.
  4. Boot the MT Card Launcher by going into Settings --> Other --> Profile --> DS Profile
  5. Select "Format emuNAND" using the SD Card. Wait for it to format.
  6. When it's done, select "Boot Classic Mode". Ignore the warning and continue to boot.
  7. Once the emuNAND has been booted, navigate to Settings.
  8. MAKE SURE IT SHOWS MT BEFORE THE VERSION NUMBER BEFORE PROCEEDING. IF NOT, REPEAT STEP 6 BY NAVIGATING BACK INTO THE LAUNCHER.
  9. Go into Other --> Update System. Let it update to 9.4. Once it's complete, you might be kicked out to sysNAND. Boot back into the emuNAND by going into the MT Menu using the profile exploit and boot Classic Mode.
  10. You should be into your 9.4 emuNAND now. Set the theme a certain color or something so you always know when you're in emuNAND and it's safe to run updates.
  11. Congratulations! You can now sign into eShop and download everything.
  12. If you followed the downgrade guide correctly, you should have a 9.2 SD Card backup. Save this for later in the "Extras" section.
Part 2: Setting up 4.5 CFW
  1. Remove the 9.2 emuNAND card from your 3DS. Now, take out your 4.5 card (the other one). Format it so there is no data on it. Then, drop Gateway's Launcher.dat on it.
  2. Boot into the profile exploit using the same method as earlier. Navigate to "Format emuNAND" again and run it.
  3. Once it's complete, remove the SD Card and plug it into your computer.
  4. Run the emuNand tool you downloaded earlier and press “Extract emuNand”. Save the file as emuNand.bin somewhere.
  5. Now, drag the emuNand.bin onto the bat file that was downloaded. After a while, a resulting REDNAND.bin will appear.
  6. In the emuNand tool, press “Inject NAND into emuNAND”. Select the REDNAND.bin file, and just ignore the warnings about not finding NAND.bin.
  7. After it’s done, delete everything on the SD card. It should only be a LAUNCHER.DAT file that you have to delete.
  8. Now, copy everything from the SD Card folder in Palantine CFW onto the SD card. Delete the launcher.dat, and rename the launcher_gw.dat to launcher.dat
  9. Insert the SD card into the console and boot up. It will create software management information. Take the SD card out again and open it on your computer.
  10. Now, in your SD card, there should be a Nintendo 3DS folder. Open it, and open the folder inside that. There should be another, so open that too. You should see a exdata folder.
  11. Make a new folder (not inside the exdata folder, but in the same directory as it) called “dbs”. Go into the folder and make a blank text file, named “title.db” or “import.db”. Doesn’t matter which.
  12. Insert the SD back into the system and go into Settings —> Data Management —> Software. It’ll ask to reset your software management information, so allow it to do so.
  13. Now, go into Other —> Profile. Hold down the L button, and tap DS Profile. If all goes well, the bottom screen will flash white and the CFW will load. If not, simply reboot the system by holding down power and trying again. Make sure to hold L while you do it.
  14. Now, once you’ve gotten into CFW, you’ll need your 3DS’ IP Address. You can use the tool you downloaded earlier (the network scanner) to find the devices from Nintendo. Note the IP (usually looks like 192.168.1.1xx)
  15. Edit the run.bat file in the Palantine CIA folder. Replace the DevMenu_2x.cia part with the name of your CIA, and the IPTOMODIFY with your IP.
  16. Code:
    installcia IPTOMODIFY 1 DevMenu_2x.cia
  17. Code:
    installcia 192.168.1.155 1 DevMenu_2x.cia
  18. Now execute run.bat by double clicking it. It should return a result-code of 0.
    • If you get a failed to connect, make sure the IP is correct and the 3DS is connected to the Internet.
    • If there’s another return code, try steps 8 and onward again.
Extras
  1. You should probably unlink your emuNANDS from your sysNAND. To do this, format the sysNand (Settings -> Other -> Format) with wifi OFF and NO SD inside the 3DS. Then, reinstall the DS Profile exploit using the Gateway installer. Now, you will not have trouble with CIAs installing and memory management.
  2. Swapping between the cards: If you want to use 9.4 emuNAND, simply pop in that SD Card and run the DS Profile Exploit (Settings --> Other --> Profile --> DS Profile). If you want to use CFW, simply put in that SD and follow the same instructions. You DO NOT need to hold L to get into the CFW on a regular basis. Take note that booting into the CFW may take multiple tries.
  3. I'd recommend connecting your 9.4 emuNAND to wifi, however leaving the other systems unconnected. This will prevent accidental update download/nags.
  4. You can install CIAs by copying them to the SD and opening Dev Menu, and selecting them in the proper menu.
Video Guide
A fellow temper (namely dicamarques) has made a video guide!

m45t3r

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
So I already followed the other tutorial, so I just need to follow the Part 1 to install emuNAND in a new SD card (since I already have 4.5 CFW)?

Another thing, emuNAND basically enable me to run original games/eSHOP right? It doesn't enable me to run newer games like SSB from CFW?

Chaldron

GBATemp's Official Attorney
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I already followed the other tutorial, so I just need to follow the Part 1 to install emuNAND in a new SD card (since I already have 4.5 CFW)?

Another thing, emuNAND basically enable me to run original games/eSHOP right? It doesn't enable me to run newer games like SSB from CFW?

Yep, simply setup the emuNAND step and take a look at the extras for sepereating all of them from each other.

EmuNAND allows eShop games + original carts, yes.

Reactions: Margen67

arehandero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Same questions here, already on sysnand 4.2 and cfw but im interested in emunand 9.4

Thanks for the guide

shoemaker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an affirmation: doing this would let me transfer all of my eShop titles to the New 3DS when it is released and keep the 3DS on an exploitable FW?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pro tips here -
1. Do NOT update from a GAME CART on EmuNAND, for me (maybe I screwed up IDK) it updated my SysNAND. Beware.
2. To run the CFW exploit I find that it works reliably if I power off the 3DS. Boot up, go to Settings. When entering the profile, once its loaded - I count out loud, 1-2-3 and press Nintendo DS Profile. Worked on 1st try a few times, again IDK maybe I'm knuts.

Chaldron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I have to use the MT Launcher to install the DS exploit? Can't I just use the one Gateway provides?

Should be fine.

Pro tips here -
1. Do NOT update from a GAME CART on EmuNAND, for me (maybe I screwed up IDK) it updated my SysNAND. Beware.
2. To run the CFW exploit I find that it works reliably if I power off the 3DS. Boot up, go to Settings. When entering the profile, once its loaded - I count out loud, 1-2-3 and press Nintendo DS Profile. Worked on 1st try a few times, again IDK maybe I'm knuts.

Yep, thats why I wrote to update using the System Settings app.

Just an affirmation: doing this would let me transfer all of my eShop titles to the New 3DS when it is released and keep the 3DS on an exploitable FW?

I believe someone in another thread did and emuNAND --> sysNAND transfer. In the worst case, you can always restore backups because there's no concern of accidently updating the n3DS NAND.

Same questions here, already on sysnand 4.2 and cfw but im interested in emunand 9.4

Thanks for the guide

Yep, you can simply follow the steps for using the MT Card launcher to setup emuNAND.

Chaldron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this render the Gateway cart pretty much useless for those with an old 3DS (XL) and a DS cart?

Nope, you cannot play newer 7.x ROMs because we cannot install CIAs on emuNAND, sadly. If someone fixes that, then we will no longer need any 3DS card.

But it is useful for install 4.5/firmware spoofed CIAs and using eShop games.

Galerox

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What can I do with this ?

Can I still install any cia ? Any game (cia) with fw spoofed ?

Also it seems that my question got an answer too :>

XXLANCEXX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok now im still confused
with the emunand9.4 through the DS flashcart trick installed can i play different region games on my U.S 3ds xl with my 3ds flashcart i.e Sky3ds?

gumbyscout

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the wonderful guides! I have a question, though. Is there a quick way to transfer all my eshop games to the new 9.4 emunand? I copied the backed up sd card files, but the system doesn't register them. Thanks in advance.

Nuxx20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok now im still confused
with the emunand9.4 through the DS flashcart trick installed can i play different region games on my U.S 3ds xl with my 3ds flashcart i.e Sky3ds?

This is actually a good question, I hope someone will answer it soon :)

tomixnscale89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to create a 9.4 emuNand, and after launching it after it updated, it's just a black screen. I tried several times over again and nothing. It works fine with my 4.5 emuNand. Second, when I try to create a REDNAND.bin, I just get a dummy.bin file even though it says it was successful. Any ideas?

ok now im still confused

It works when I try in 4.5 classic mode, so I don't see why it wouldn't work in 9.4.

obito

I can have a title?! :O
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
hi, quite new to this. will i run into save issues with 9.4 emunand and 4.5 sysnand? I have saves for for retail carts of pokemon oras/xy and saves for eshop 3u, how would i go about transferring them?
All im really interested in at this point is getting back onto eshop/multiplayer with my retail carts, and make the most of the opportunity for CFW while im on 9.2. thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all