Hacking [Tutorial] 4.5 SysNAND + 4.5 CFW + 9.4 EmuNAND without Gateway

Deleted member 360107

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having trouble booting to CFW.

I go to Other Settings > Profile and then I wait 3 seconds before holding L and pressing DS Profile. The top screen goes cyan yet the bottom screen flashes and stays white and it doesn't boot to CFW. I've tried many times but I get the same result (aside from getting an occasional black bottom screen).

Something strange I've noticed, which I think might have something to do with why it isn't working, is that up at the top screen it says my WiFi is enabled but I have no bars. This only seems to happen while I'm inside system settings, and it reconnects as soon as I exit.

Anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening? Thanks.

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think i did the same thing as this guy. You just use the GW launcher from web browser for everything, ive got it up and running with just a SD card inserted in side of my 3DS.

On a side note, i had to seek out another guide to get this to work as CFW #11

"Make a new folder (not inside the exdata folder, but in the same directory as it) called “dbs”. Go into the folder and make a blank text file, named “title.db” or “import.db”. Doesn’t matter which."

You need to make sure these files are in .db format and not just text files. Other than that, great guide, thank you!

I followed OP's guide just fine and have my system working with the setup described. I pretty much followed it step by step. For the title.db/import.db part, I just made a new file using sublime and saved with the appropriate name.

Though I'm curious how you manage to launch the DS Profile exploit without a flashcard. You could probably use GW's launcher, but I can't imagine that'd work for running MT's emunand or the CFW. If it works, then great. But that's not really a "new exploit".

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble booting to CFW.

I go to Other Settings > Profile and then I wait 3 seconds before holding L and pressing DS Profile. The top screen goes cyan yet the bottom screen flashes and stays white and it doesn't boot to CFW. I've tried many times but I get the same result (aside from getting an occasional black bottom screen).

Something strange I've noticed, which I think might have something to do with why it isn't working, is that up at the top screen it says my WiFi is enabled but I have no bars. This only seems to happen while I'm inside system settings, and it reconnects as soon as I exit.

Anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening? Thanks.

The ideal result is that the top screen should be cyan, and the bottom screen should flash white and go back to black, with the CFW booting shortly after. If it doesn't flash white, it didn't work and you have to start over. If it flashed white and stays white, that sounds like you messed up the install of the CFW. Look over the instructions again. Did you put all the files on the SD card? There should be "arm.bin" files (2 of them), along with some other stuff. Not just the launcher.dat. Did you correctly export/modify/inject the NAND?

Did you install MT's DS Profile exploit? I can't imagine this matters much, but Gateway's might have some sort of protection.

DanGlebitts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I followed OP's guide just fine and have my system working with the setup described. I pretty much followed it step by step. For the title.db/import.db part, I just made a new file using sublime and saved with the appropriate name.

Though I'm curious how you manage to launch the DS Profile exploit without a flashcard. You could probably use GW's launcher, but I can't imagine that'd work for running MT's emunand or the CFW. If it works, then great. But that's not really a "new exploit".

Sorry, i'm not using the 9.2 emunand thing but just installed the 4.5 CFW, no DS card was used in the process, GW launcher through web browser to format emunad.

Dragonl89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been trying for a while now to get the devmenu to install but the run.bat in palantineCFW wont connect to my 3ds... i honestly don't know what i'm doing wrong. i know my 3ds's ip, ive entered everything correctly... If anyone has a soulution or an idea plz let me know

bannana2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think i did the same thing as this guy. You just use the GW launcher from web browser for everything, ive got it up and running with just a SD card inserted in side of my 3DS.

On a side note, i had to seek out another guide to get this to work as CFW #11

"Make a new folder (not inside the exdata folder, but in the same directory as it) called “dbs”. Go into the folder and make a blank text file, named “title.db” or “import.db”. Doesn’t matter which."

You need to make sure these files are in .db format and not just text files. Other than that, great guide, thank you!

Yeah, you did sir. Its so weird and the guide is what led me there which is unintentional I'm sure.

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, i'm not using the 9.2 emunand thing but just installed the 4.5 CFW, no DS card was used in the process, GW launcher through web browser to format emunad.

As I said, I can't imagine GW's browser launcher would work. Seeing as it requires an encrypted launcher.dat, and the CFW launcher is specifically made for the profile exploit. It's the same reason you can't use the MT-Emunand launcher with the browser exploit.

I have been trying for a while now to get the devmenu to install but the run.bat in palantineCFW wont connect to my 3ds... i honestly don't know what i'm doing wrong. i know my 3ds's ip, ive entered everything correctly... If anyone has a soulution or an idea plz let me know

Did you boot it up holding "L"? Is your router or firewall blocking network traffic? It should work fine. Hell, I did it on my Mac through Wine.

Dragonl89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes i am using the ds profile exploit while holding L, and it doesn't seem like my firewall or router is blocking anything

shutterbug2000

Cubic NINJHAX!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bannana2/DanGlebitts, would you be so kind as to explain exactly how to do this? Whenever I load the cfw Launcher.dat with the browser, it just kicks me back to the home menu. Did you use a different launcher.dat?

Dragonl89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you boot it up holding "L"? Is your router or firewall blocking network traffic? It should work fine. Hell, I did it on my Mac through Wine.

So it looks like my router is blocking network traffic... Can i do anything about this without being able to change router settings? Or am i screwed and i wont be able to do this now :/

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to know if im reading this right 2 of you guys got the cfw installed only using an sd card and not having / owning a flash card at all right? So i can we get some more info about this?

DanGlebitts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would like to know if im reading this right 2 of you guys got the cfw installed only using an sd card and not having / owning a flash card at all right? So i can we get some more info about this?

Just used the GW web launcher to format emunand, all the other stuff done via SD/computer. This is just for the 4.5 CFW thing, i've not got a 9.4 emunand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Happy Birthday!!