TTMENU.SYS ERROR!

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by gottuhaveit, May 26, 2010.

May 26, 2010

TTMENU.SYS ERROR! by gottuhaveit at 4:56 PM (4,708 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. gottuhaveit
    OP

Newcomer gottuhaveit Advanced Member

United States
    I have 2 dsi with firmware 1.4u on them and cannot load them with anything for some reason. I have the dstti cards and the latest firmware and the starwars icon shows up. I actually used the starter kit and when I try to load the skin changer it just locks up loading and never finishes and when I try to play a game I get the ttmenu.sys error! please reset system. Sure would appreciate someone helping me out with this. Thank you

2. Phr3d13

Member Phr3d13 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i would try deleting the ttmenu.sys off of your card. The TTDS menu will make a new one the next time it boots. If you don't see it, make sure you are showing hidden files in your OS.

3. gottuhaveit
    OP

United States

Well I tried your suggestion and now when I click on the game it just says loading rom and that is as far as it goes, the game never loads.

4. playallday

Member playallday Group: GBAtemp Ghost

Canada

Last edited by playallday, Jun 23, 2015
  5. gottuhaveit
    OP

United States
    Tried reformatting the card several times and still no joy. Am I missing something that I need to do with these carts or what. I downloaded the newest firmware which is 1.17 and I loaded the starter kit on the card that came from this site with that firmware and whenever I try to execute anything or any games it gives me the error I stated. Does anyone know what I can do to get these carts working correctly besides buying a different kind? Thanks

6. flamingo24

Member flamingo24 GBAtemp Regular

The newest official firmware created by the DSTT team is 1.17, the 1.17a12 was based on the work of Ashley and team and taken by the DSTT team. I would try a re-format with the SD Formatter, and download this kernel. You can download updated system files here, and usrcheat.dat here.

7. gottuhaveit
    OP

United States

Yeah I did download this firmware and I am still geting the exact same result that I have been getting from the beginning. For some reason no one can seem to tell me why I keep getting this same error over and over. I purchased 2 other cartridges that I had a problem with as well before I bought these 2 dsstti cartridges and the funny thing now is that after I posted about them another member came and said the firmware needed to be updated to resolve the issue and he took care of it and now those 2 cartridges work perfectly. I have been loading firmware for several years on flash cartridges and started when the first carts came out so I do know a little about these things but I do not know what is causing this issue with the cartridges that I have but I am willing to bet that if the correct update was added to the firmware as was with the other cartridges I have that did not work in the beginning and do now, then these carts would most likely work as well but cannot seem to get anyone involved with my post that can do this or who is willing to do this. Well at least I got 2 out of 4 cartridges working so I did not get totally screwed. LOL

8. mummysboy

Newcomer mummysboy Member

United Kingdom
    I am having the same issue - its got me well confuddled [​IMG]

9. gottuhaveit
    OP

United States

Yes sir it is a damn shame that you put your hard earned money on these devices and then there is no support from the people who make them. As far as I am concerned the company that makes this cartridge totally sucks because I have sent them several emails and they have not bothered at all to respond. It also says that they are obligated to make sure your cartridge is updated for at least 3 months after you purchase it but that is one big ass joke as well. I want to make this perfectly clear on which card this is so I am going to take a picture and post it here so everyone will know not invest there hard earned money in this junk.
    [​IMG]

Now I originally purchased a different cartridges than these but since those cartridges did not work I decided to buy 2 of the cartridge posted above. The cartridges that I originally posted did not work originally but after I posted to the site concerning the issues I was having with the card manfy2000 posted shortly after I did stating that the firmware needed updating and that he would have it taken care of asap. He got sick and once he had recovered he kept his word and updated the firmware to 2.0 and now those cartridges work perfectly, even with the new games and I am also using a 16 gb micros sdhc card with it so it can handle up to 2 tb I think but they do not even make this size as of yet. I will post a picture of the cartridges that I am currently using and I also wanted to state that the price for these is very very reasonable not to mention the fact that their support is outstanding which I cannot say about the other cartridges in no way. I know this does not help you out with the problem you are having with the cartridge you currently own but at least you do know where and what to buy that will work for sure.

[​IMG]

10. dnniwa485

Member dnniwa485 GBAtemp Fan

did you actually tried changing memory cards?

Carts are really picky on memory cards you know.. not only DSTT, all carts have the same problem with a shitty memory card.

try buying 1 like Kingston (Japan Branded) ... i have 32GB kingston SDHC Class 2 and it actually works on me.. TTMENU.SYS was caused an error because its either the file is corrupted or unreadable.

11. gottuhaveit
    OP

United States

Well I guess you did not read my post very closely as I said the first cartridge I bought worked because the firmware was updated and I have had this problem with the other cartridge since I first purchased them and I have several different micro sdhc cards and the one I mainly use is a kingston memory card. I have used my sdhc memory cards in several different cartridges also and this is the only cartridge that I have used that has had this issue. So now that you know what my sdhc card is what else could cause this issue because as you can also see, I am not the only one having this issue and me having the same memory card as the other person are pretty slim. Your input is appreciated but I am afraid that is not the issue I am having. Well I guess when no one can figure out why this card is having this issue then they are going to try and say that it is caused by something else which imo is not the case in this matter. Do not be offended by my post because I am just stating the way I see things and what has happened. Thanks for your efforts

12. dnniwa485

Member dnniwa485 GBAtemp Fan

well then, my reply will be like this:

go buy a new card to save from headaches

simple isnt it? your playing backup games so dont be picky. if you want to play games without problems.. i prefer you to buy the game that you want to play now.

problems are commonly occured when you use flashcarts. If you play the legit game, you'll only going to insert the game on slot1 and ready to go.. simple isnt it.. and last but not the least, you wont need any things that you mentioned.. and d\no more dsi version, or whatever it is.

13. gottuhaveit
    OP

United States
    Well then here is my reply: first of all I was asking for help not some sarcastic remarks and if your intentions were anything other than that you should have just not said anything at all. I did not ask you personally for anything but I just stated the facts about a crappy ass cartridge and imo that is exactly what it is. The cartridge was not free at all and if it says it will do certain things then it should. I have had no issues whatsoever with the r4dsi cartridge that I am using once the firmware was updated. I can play any game I want to on that card but with the dstti card I have not been able to even play the first game. You should really learn to read the posts made before yours because if you had you would already know that I have 2 working cartridges and I do not need more and as for the headaches I am not having any but just stating my results from trying to use the dstti cartridge. I was hoping that someone would come along would come along that had experienced this issue and I would be able to resolve the problem but instead I get someone like you who makes smart ass comments and in the end is of no help whatsoever. Confucius says it is better to keep your mouth shut and to be thought a fool then to open your mouth and for your information I do have many games that are legit and I do not have this issue with all my games. You should really take a little more time and think about what you are saying instead of just jumping in a thread and just start blowing out hot air. Do me a favor and find someone else to help and the only headache that I have now is the one that you gave me. LOL

14. mummysboy

United Kingdom
    So,

Im guessing that if you experience this error rather than having a fix then its in the bin it goes?

That doesnt sound too productive.

Guess i had better ask shop temp for a replacement then :s

I have found that FW's before 1.16 just freeze the card whilst upwards reports the error.

Even the Official FW doesnt work.

I have ordered a new card from another source (one of those R4 jobbies) and hopefully someone can resolve this from shoptemp.

If i get any joy i will post back here

15. gottuhaveit
    OP

United States

Sure hope a replacement works for you because I have 2 of those carts and both of them do the exact same thing, so counting your card that makes 3 of them that do it. Almost seems like a waste of time for you to get another cart from them but if you do ever manage to get it worked out please let me know. Oh by the way I have sent several emails to the people that I bought the card from and have not received any response at all so my guess is that they know about the issue but cannot figure out a solution because if there was a solution then it seems like someone would have already stated so like with the other cartridges that I bought. They updated the firmware for them and now they run flawlessly and man did that make me happy. Have a good day today and talk with you later.

16. mummysboy

United Kingdom
    Well once bitten twice shy.

However - as annoyed as i am i am willing to accept that the card is fooked. Its just frustrating that the SHOPTEMP sells shoddy hardware.

Well, i ordered an R4 from http://www.ukdigitalstore.co.uk/

Ordered it on Sunday

Arrived this morning.

Total cost was :

Description Unit price Qty Amount
    English V2 R4 Card
    Item Number , English V2 R4 Card: English V2 R4 Card on its own 4.99 GBP 1 £4.99 GBP
    Subtotal £4.99 GBP
    Postage and packing 1.49 GBP
    Total £6.48 GBP
    Payment £6.48 GBP
    Payment sent to ukdigitalstore@hotmail.com

So to any other tempers tempted with SHOPTEMP - its cheaper elsewhere.

O and for info i know the R4 is a clone but IT WORKS. Unlike the clone i got from SHOPTEMP