Trying to undub Persona 4

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by smile72, Mar 9, 2017.

1. smile72
    OP

smile72 NewsBot

Sep 23, 2010
    ???
    So well, I have followed the guide very carefully and Im at the step where you dump your copy of Persona 4 Golden. Mine is a physical copy and I cannot seem to extract it. I have moved the data.cpk onto my computer and I have used 2 or 3 different programs and have deleted and redumped maybe 5 or 6 times but I cannot extract it. I could extract the Japanese one of course.What am I doing wrong?

2. MyLegGuy

MyLegGuy Moron

Nov 26, 2014
    United States
    We can't possibly know without more information.

I bet you dumped an encrypted version of the CPK by mistake.
    Just make sure you follow all the steps carefully.

Try opening the file in a hex editor and looking in it to see if it's really decrypted.
    I downloaded dumped data.cpk (US version of the game) and opened it in a hex editor.
    Here's what the beginning looks like:
    [​IMG]

But definitely shouldn't go piracy websites, download a vpk from there, and get its cpk by extracting the vpk with 7zip or something if you never get it to work.
    Because that would be too easy. ;)

3. smile72
    OP

smile72 NewsBot

Sep 23, 2010
    ???
    Im just trying to carry over my save data...and Im more of a DIY guy. Thanks for the help Ill try and dl a hex editor later on tonight.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice