ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Magoo222 said:
Aren't there limitations on the types of memory cards you can use for an MMS? Size, MagicGate, things like that? I might be completely wrong, it's happened before, but what memory card have you got?
It's supposed to be MagicGate Supported (it's how you know if it's official), and if you're going to make a NAND backup you'll need a card with at least 66MB, so 128MB minimum.

Magoo222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What about upper size limits? I seem to remember there was a 4Gb card limit to make an MMS, but it's been a long time since I made mine, so lots could have changed.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I would think any size up to 16GB. (Anything higher isnt offical Sony, unless they made a higher size)
Everyone gets a 512mb memory card when buying a PSP IIRC. I know I did.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Magoo you're correct in saying that MMS's are supposed to be made with sticks under 4Gb. With the latest slew of creation apps i seem to recall that this may no longer apply, but if you want to be sure 4Gb is the way to go.

A 4Gb stick is a perfectly acceptable size anyway...i have 3 of the things and am thinking of getting a 4Gb Ultra II now...

phillyrider807

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 8gb "fake" ms and i made mine into a mms so i can dual boot my pandora battery. To do this u need to use c+d mspformat on a windows xp machine to format the fake ms and then use any mms creator.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)