Trying to turn a 720p video file into a normal quality?

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, so I have season 1 of Game of Thrones in 720p on my HDD, somebody requested it on dvd for me so I booted divx up and tried a burn, it converted the files automatically and the quality was great but there was no sound, so using Super, I decided to convert the episodes manually and the sound works however the picture quality is HORRIBLE... perhaps someone can give me advice on what settings to get a regular 350MB file that looks as good as the tvrip/dvdrip, I don't mind trying out different conversions as it can be done while I do other stuff with no worries... The best encode I've had so far is frame width of 960 and frame height of 528, which ends with a 290MB file (That's alright but I just want the quality to be as good as a normal file)

This probably makes more sense: I used to have to watch normal quality and I have the Dexter series in normal quality, the size is 348(55min vid) and the borders are 640 x 352... It looks decent and I want the Game of Thrones converted from the 1280x720 into something similar as that...

I'm about to try a 624:352 with the options Hi Quality, Top Quality, Stretch it, 48K Audio and the encode will be in Xvid.

Edit: Output container has to be AVI...
Default files are also AVI

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just use DVD Flick, it uses FFMPEG and stuff now so it'll do that crap for 'ya. Just make sure it's detecting the right audio stream(s).
It's converting it into an actual DVD, as in, Video_TS and Audio_TS, what did I do wrong? I'm after just a simple avi file...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/xhBk5RI7PF4?si=CGdi_ScDbZJTnJi5