Hacking trying to transfer monster hunter save data

Freqman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, i got a sd card with a monster hunter generations save data that i created on my 3ds when it had no CFW installed, later on, i decided to hack my 3ds and i installed cfw but i used an entirely new SD card (bigger size and all)

I tried booting my 3ds with my old SD card inserted but i got some type of FIRM 1 error.

Any way i can just take the save data from one sd card and put it on my new sd card? Nintendo says i can just copy paste all files and overwrite, but im scared it will mess up my CFW.. (Im' using Luma and B9S)

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, i got a sd card with a monster hunter generations save data that i created on my 3ds when it had no CFW installed, later on, i decided to hack my 3ds and i installed cfw but i used an entirely new SD card (bigger size and all)

I tried booting my 3ds with my old SD card inserted but i got some type of FIRM 1 error.

Any way i can just take the save data from one sd card and put it on my new sd card? Nintendo says i can just copy paste all files and overwrite, but im scared it will mess up my CFW.. (Im' using Luma and B9S)
just update the boot.firm with the one thats on your other SD and you'll be able to boot it again
then use checkpoint to back it up etc

Freqman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sounds nice but one sd card doesnt have any cfw, no fbi or nothing, i just put the boot.firm and i was able to boot in my non cfw sd card, but i dont know how to install checkpoint on it without fbi

Freqman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
great, i did everything, i was able to create a backup so i took the save backup folder and put it on my pc, then transfered it to the other SD card (sd card already had checkpoint) i put the folder with the other saved data folders, unfortunatly i launched checkpoint but checkpoint does not detect the monster hunter saved data

Proa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
great, i did everything, i was able to create a backup so i took the save backup folder and put it on my pc, then transfered it to the other SD card (sd card already had checkpoint) i put the folder with the other saved data folders, unfortunatly i launched checkpoint but checkpoint does not detect the monster hunter saved data

If you hold B, the list will refresh, and you may see the game.
Also remember to put the folder of the save in H:/3ds/Checkpoint/saves/your game/

Freqman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
woo got it done... finally.

Problem was i had to run the game first on my cfw sd card in order for Checkpoint to detect it, then i was able to restore the data without any problems. Thanks for the help.

Reactions: Proa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (this is going to be horribly misinterpreted as me wanting to fuck DK or smth, isn't it?)