Trying to "not unwrap" things, stuck on one part

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by fantoboy, May 18, 2015.

1. fantoboy
    OP

fantoboy Member

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2013
    United States
    I just recently got a New 3DS with a Gateway and I had it all set up, but I was having the issue where I need to unwrap CIA files every time I restart. So I formatted the System memory and it appears I have it working correctly now. The only thing is now I can't run the exploit by going into settings/other/profile/nintendo ds profile, I need to run the Ocarina exploit again. So do I just need to run bigbluemenu or devmenu and reinstall the mset? Do I do that with or without the internal SD card in? Thanks!

2. dedChar

dedChar (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

May 5, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Could you check if you have super stable 3d in system settings? If that's the case, you'll need to reinstall the mset.CIA. If you don't have super stable 3d in settings, that means you don't need to reinstall the .cia, but you'll have to install the NVRAM again.

3. fantoboy
    OP

fantoboy Member

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2013
    United States
    In sysnand? I don't see the setting for super stable in "other settings" when I scroll through the options, that's where it should be?

So I run the install NVRAM from the gateway menu, with or without the internal and external SD cards?

thanks!

4. dedChar

dedChar (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

May 5, 2015
    Gambia, The
    You'll need the 3ds sdcard, because of gateways launcher. dat

5. fantoboy
    OP

fantoboy Member

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2013
    United States
    Awesome, everything seems to be working. Thanks!!!!

6. Typhin

Typhin GBAtemp Fan

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    Formatting the system memory doesn't change the versions of any system apps, so the mset shouldn't need to be reinstalled, but it would wipe out the NVRAM where the Nintendo DS Profile is stored. So all that'd be needed is to install that again, either through the Gateway launcher or through the blue card and GW_INSTALLER.nds.

Glad to hear you got it working again.