Hacking Trying to modify DNS without connecting to my wireless network to avoid update

Smood

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am trying to follow TubeHax DNS procedure of

• Go to System Settings.
  • Select Internet.
  • Select ‘Connect to the Internet’.
  • Select ‘Connection List’ in the top right corner, or simple press the X button.
  • Find your connection, it should have Wii U/Wii icons on it, select it.
  • Select ‘Change Settings’.
  • Press the arrow on the right once, you should see ‘DNS‘.
  • Once you select DNS, press ‘Do not auto-obtain’ which will take you to where you can enter the IP’s.
  • Once entered, press confirm and save.

The problem is when I click on connection list it doesn't show my actual wireless network. On the main wireless list my network is there but it doesn't let me change the settings of it so I can put in the modified DNS. Whenever I click my true network in the scanned network list it simply asks for my wifi password. I am worried that if it connects without the DNS in place it is going to update my system (5.5.1 right now).

Please help, thanks.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to follow TubeHax DNS procedure of

• Go to System Settings.
  • Select Internet.
  • Select ‘Connect to the Internet’.
  • Select ‘Connection List’ in the top right corner, or simple press the X button.
  • Find your connection, it should have Wii U/Wii icons on it, select it.
  • Select ‘Change Settings’.
  • Press the arrow on the right once, you should see ‘DNS‘.
  • Once you select DNS, press ‘Do not auto-obtain’ which will take you to where you can enter the IP’s.
  • Once entered, press confirm and save.

The problem is when I click on connection list it doesn't show my actual wireless network. On the main wireless list my network is there but it doesn't let me change the settings of it so I can put in the modified DNS. Whenever I click my true network in the scanned network list it simply asks for my wifi password. I am worried that if it connects without the DNS in place it is going to update my system (5.5.1 right now).

Please help, thanks.
Just do it fast. It won't just automatically update without first downloading it. It gives you enough time.

Connect and then hurry and change DNS afterwards. You'll be fine

Reactions: dimmidice

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Could just disconnect the internet cable from your router if you're that worried about it. But i agree with @Kafluke that you should have more than enough time. I'd reboot your wii u afterwards though, just to be safe.

krueger96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
actually, you can just enter a wrong password when you save your internet settings. it will fail to connect but still save it. then just edit it to change dns and correct password. i can't remember who wrote it, but i'm sure i read this in gbatemp when i got a new wii u that came with 5.5.0 and 5.5.2 was already out and it worked. i remember using nnupatcher to buy a ds game and install haxchi.

Reactions: Kafluke and Lacius

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually, you can just enter a wrong password when you save your internet settings. it will fail to connect but still save it. then just edit it to change dns and correct password. i can't remember who wrote it, but i'm sure i read this in gbatemp when i got a new wii u that came with 5.5.0 and 5.5.2 was already out and it worked. i remember using nnupatcher to buy a ds game and install haxchi.
This is what I always used to do.
  1. Connect to my network, but input the wrong password.
  2. Upon receiving an error message after trying to test the connection, I'd enter the settings, change the DNS, input the correct password, and then save the settings.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...