Hacking Trying to hack the Wii, SD card stopped working on PC after installing Priiloader

justhereforetheride

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii will detect the SD card just fine, Priiloader is still available in the Homebrew Channel. When I try to put it in my computer however, it no longer detects for me so I can put anything on there. It my computer insists it's non-existent, changing the drive letter didn't help anything, and even CHKDSK refuses to acknowledge that it's there. I would like to continue following the guide but I have reached a point where I definitely need help to continue. This is a fresh SD card and I can exchange it back at the store if it's necessary to do so but my NAND backup is supposed to be on there and I didn't get a chance to copy it off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I'm putting all relevant information up here to save people from scrolling down.

OK I can't FTP to my Wii, the Wii will corrupt every SD card it writes to making them only usable in the Wii and if I can figure out what my issue is, I might be able to salvage them. USB's are not detectable by the Wii (took me so long because I was loading a USB up as much as I wanted just in case it did work,) but the ports DO work as DOSBox with a keyboard runs just fine. USB Loader GX won't detect a USB, Wiiflow won't either, none of the file explorers I've tried detect the USB but they will let me into the files of the SD cards. BootMii just freezes the system with a steady blue light around the disc insert. I haven't tried running any burned discs since I don't really want to use a disc unless that's actually a good method of storage and playing games. Regular discs work as expected. I followed the guide exactly so I don't understand what the issue is.

New update: issue has changed and I made this thread a mess feel free to delete it mods.

Last edited by justhereforetheride,

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Can you access the SD card through an FTP server app or a file browser on the Wii?

Using a USB stick to load them.

Last edited by tech3475,

justhereforetheride

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, Priiloader shows up on the Homebrew Channel when I plug it in, but that's the extent of access I seem to have. I haven't tried to run the installer again though.

justhereforetheride

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have not, it's a 64 gig micro SD for my Switch but the adapter for larger ports worked just fine in the PC. Is the 32 gig limit not really a thing or would I be able to repurpose the 64 gig micro SD? Assuming it works, what do I do about my 32 gig? Presumably I can't access my NAND backup should I need it. Or are bricks so uncommon I don't need to really worry about that?

Damn I didn't realize there were so many methods for hacking the Wii. I think I really shoulda looked a bit more before starting this specific guide.

Can you access the SD card through an FTP server app or a file browser on the Wii?

Using a USB stick to load them.
I did not see your edit, my bad. The Homebrew channel displays the Priiloader app and the rest of the Wii seems to think it's just a basic card waiting for saves. I also am not aware of how to FTP to a Wii, classic Xbox I do but that's a bit simpler I think. As for USB, I'm just trying to keep everything in one container, but I will if I have to

justhereforetheride

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't mean to double post. Can't figure out how to delete. Mods feel free to delete this specific post here, I'm still asking for help in the thread though.

IGNORE THIS MESS, IT IS IRRELEVANT NOW

As long as this is here, no I cannot use the other SD card, formatted it, loaded it, Wii still refuses it which is no surprise. Ok so BootMii won't boot, Priiloader still works fine. I followed the wii.guide up to Priiloader at which point I had my SD corruption. If I use a new card will simply copying the BootMii files from the .zip file work as intended or do I need to go through that whole step again?

oh... Bootmii is part of the Letterbomb... is my modding process screwed?

OK much later on I've got things running, no idea what my brick risk is but I at least don't appear to have lost anything super important. Thanks anyway, I'm still open to advice to fix anything that may be wrong!

fairly large update:

IDK what went wrong with my modding process, I followed the instructions exactly. My Wii is modded, Homebrew will work, but every SD card my Wii writes to now becomes corrupt to PC's and refuses to receive transferring data giving me an I/O error. Other non-Wii SD cards transfer data just fine and I haven't tried to boot anything through USB yet. BootMii freezes the system with the disc insert light just staying a steady blue when I try to run it, but otherwise everything else seemingly works fine. I don't know why my Wii now has a habit of corrupting SD cards but that's manageable as I really don't need that much space. If anything, I guess even if you follow instructions to the letter, unexpected things can still happen. I'm sure it's just a Mii problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1