Gaming Trying to convert BotW save from WiiU to Switch, but cant go back to a lower software version...

ShootTheCore616

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like the last update for the WiiU version is 1.5, but the newest Switch update brought it up to 1.6. When I try to run a lower version of the game on the Switch I just get the ol' "Software update is required..." message. I believe I've deleted all the game info I can access (Saves, updates, ticket info thru GoldLeaf, even did the "light" factory reset where my saves/account dont get deleted) but no luck. The saves I converted are in Hyrule Castle, and it will load up okay in there, but once I leave it crashes and says the data is corrupt.

Anyone have any ideas here? Is there a way to convert saves to a different update version, maybe with hex editing? I'm kinda stumped. BTW, I'm on 8.0.1, SXOS 2.7.1 and I've got both the v1.6 custom XCI and the v1.5 custom XCI.

ShootTheCore616

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe I've done that though. I deleted the game and saves thru the Switch menu, used Goldleaf to delete the ticket (I guess I'm not 100% on this one. I deleted the "unused" ticket that matched BotW's TitleID) then "Initialized Console without deleting save data" thru the Maintenance Mode, and tried to run the v1.5 XCI. I'm still greeted with the mandatory "Software update is required" nag which cannot be skipped.

I guess I could do a complete factory reset of my Switch, but I'd really like to avoid that just for one game...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night