ganin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hello there,

I'm going to hack my old wii with Neek2o because I'd like to play Wii and GC games and VC/WW games from HDD, and the most suitable way for me is to install it, because it's looks good and it's simple to use when it's installed(just choose the game from the inner menu and it runs from the Disc Channel), besides it has the best compatibility with all Wii stuff.

Some information about my Wii:

it was softmoded earlier, but it got outdated and I just formatted my wii and softmodded it with the letterbomb again
now I have Homebrew Channel 1.1.2 and bootmii as boot2 installed and it seems it's installed as IOS too, according to syscheck
honestly, I'm not sure what "stub" means on my IOS 4,10,16,51,249,250 Does it mean it's broken?
here is the stuff I installed when I did softmod first time(just found the old guide) (1 pic)

1 Is my Wii ready to start building neek2o ?
2 What should I do with my "stub" IOS ?
(if I need them to reinstall or something, please, just give me the guide)
3 What emuNAND I have to use for Neek2o ? (The guide I found is https://gbatemp.net/threads/driver-san-francisco-hangs-on-load-screen.389252/#post-5508831 but it says to skip step 1 and 2 Can I just build a new one with ModMii using my serial number from the original NAND which I dumped making softmod first time. I just want to create a clean emuNAND without Forecast Channel, Photo Channel and etc.)

Guys who are good at all that stuff, I'm asking for you help
Sorry for having so many noobie questions!

installed .png syscheck.png

Last edited by ganin,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
stub is a term to tell the IOS is not doing anything anymore.
it's an updated version from nintendo to "render it useless". it's not used anymore so nintendo replaced it with an updated version without any functions in it. deleting it wouldn't be effective because it would be reinstalled when playing a game disc with any old version on it.
just don't care about them, don't delete them, they are fine.

your syscheck reports that you are missing cIOS in slot 249/250.
slot249 (currently contain a stub driver) is the slot used by USBLoaders to get a modified version of the IOS with added functions to redirect games from disc or nand to USB or SD. you'll have to replace the stub content with an active functional custom IOS in that slot.
you can install the corresponding wads (249 and 250) from your first picture onto your sysNAND, but the generated ones you have are not the best.
either you use modmii again so you generate "249 base57" instead of "249 base56" and install that one instead. it'll allow you to play all wii games from USBLoaders.
if you are noob and want to learn more on your Wii's internal, you can read this.

if you want a clean emuNAND, you can use modmii, but I helped a user recently and a modmii generated nand had issues. I recommend you just dump your own NAND instead, it's easier/faster and you can delete/hide channels you don't want later.

the neek guide you found is an old one I wrote, which is linked in a more recent one here https://gbatemp.net/posts/6592730 but I think that's the real one you found, because it mention to skip steps 1 and 2 because they are already covered in that guide. what you need is only step 3 (the neek file creation ! not the emuNAND creation) and 4 (copy file to SD). DO NOT KEEP di.bin yet. Also, I recommend you use "sneek" instead of "uneek" and then place everything on Sd instead of USB. the guide was specifically written for Uneek, and for a specific user, so please don't "follow at the letter" and just adapt it based on your situation and the better setup in mind. You need to understand why you do things so you can adapt it, and not follow things blindly.

But, remember that neek is not required for all games, and I really don't recommend using neek at all if not required.
You should also know that neek is not a miracle solution, it's hard to use, hard to setup (if not on SD), and does NOT have 100% compatibility.

What I recommend :
1. dump your NAND to emuNAND folder (preferably on SD card for better compatibility) using USBLoaderGX features menu.
2. install WAD to that emuNAND using USBLoaderGX features menu
3. launch the game using "full" emuNAND option. 80% (or more) of games will work.
That's all !

only for the games not working (VC N64, and very few wiiware):
generate the needed neek files and put them in sd:/sneek/ folder.
enable "neek" mode for the non working games only.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: ganin

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
if you want a clean emuNAND, you can use modmii, but I helped a user recently and a modmii generated nand had issues. I recommend you just dump your own NAND instead, it's easier/faster and you can delete/hide channels you don't want later.

I installed neek2o long time ago (long before ULGX even add support for neek) and generate the nands (US,Eu and Jap) using modmii - no problem at all; where else can I get clean nands like that?
I do think the other guy have problems comprehending english instructions that made you and me repeating ourselves alot.

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Modmii should do the job nicely. For me I use one EmuNand and have 46 Wiiware and PostLoader including Disc Channel Patched for HDD Access.

Neek2o is very temperamental for me anyways but I can load no problem through USB Loader GX > Settings > Features > Boot Neek.

In that regard is there a way to put that shortcut on the front of USB Loader GX so you dont have to go into settings features or a button map?

Last edited by CORE,

ganin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
So, what I got after yesterday. I've updated every cIOS. Just downloaded and installed them from ModMii. As I understood, I don’t need d2x v10, because it’s for vWii. SysCheck looks that way now:

SysCheck HDE v2.4.0 HacksDen Edition by JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199, and Nano
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: PAL
System Menu 4.3E (v514)

Drive date: 09.07.2006
Homebrew Channel 1.1.2 running on IOS58

Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 48016105
Console Type: Wii
Shop Channel Country: United Kingdom (110)
Boot2 v4
Found 68 titles.
Found 49 IOS on this console. 4 of them are stubs.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS80 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS202[60] (rev 65535, Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223[38+37] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS224[57] (rev 65535, Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS236[36] (rev 65535, Info: rev 3351): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS249[57] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[56] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v65535
Report generated on 03/31/2019.

So, you recommend me playing with USB Loader GX, because it’s the easiest way to setup and play through an emuNAND. So I tried it. But when I finished dumping my NAND with USB Loader GX and set emuNAND channels on, there was one more News Channel that I don’t have on my realNAND. So I deleted it. I am sure it’s not the News Channel from my realNAND, I set them off. After that I installed a VC game and a WW game and connected my hdd with a wbfs Wii game. Everything worked fine except Pokemon Rumble. It says Wii Memory is corrupted and won’t work at all but it does well through the realNAND. I couldn’t do anything with that (the option emuNAND saves in USB Loader GX was set OFF) and I didn’t find Pokemon Rumble in the emuNAND WW comparability list. I installed Cave Story, just in case, and it did well.

Then I was looking for info about sneek/uneek and I got a little stuck. If I got it right, sneek uses memory card to load emuNand, uneek uses hdd memory to load emuNAND and both of them use hdd to load wbfs, right? But what about VC/WW games? I'd like to install them into emuNAND directly and play from the main menu, but I have only 2gb memory card and lt can run out of memory very soon, so It feels logical to me to built emuNAND on hdd, because all I want is playing Wii and GC games inside emuNAND without any loaders, just from Disc Channel and install VC and WW wads into emuNAND like I do it into realNAND but without space limit.

So the next step is building neek2o on hdd with your guide

Cyan, correct me if I'm wrong, please, and thanks for answering in advance

Last edited by ganin,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
your syscheck is fine now.
you have an up to date console, with all needed IOS and cIOS.

why do you want to use emuNAND for wii games without usbloaders? how do you even plan to launch them from emuNAND? you can't install ISO on emuNAND.
wii games work better/faster from USB, in wbfs format, launched from USBLoaders. no emuNAND required nor recommended !

maybe you don't fully understand what emuNAND means, nor how it works, nor what it does.
Please, don't try to make a very hard and complicated to use setup, and just go with the flow : use USBLoaders to play games ! use neek to play ONLY non working games.
don't try to use you console the way it's not meant to be used. it's to you to learn how it's working, and not up to you to make the console working the way you want.

Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc