Hacking Trucha Signer

Lain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I have some doubts I would like to clear about Trucha Signer.

After you find the "common key" and insert it in the .reg file you will be able to open any .iso in Trucha Signer.

In the tutorial (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=ST&f=108&t=76657&st=0#entry1005253) finding the "sd key", "md5 blanker" and "sd iv" are optional.. my question is, what is the relevance of finding these 3 keys? I did the drivecheck hack on the main.dol file of Super Mario Galaxy just fine with only the "common key" found in a key.bin file.

So, mainly I would like to know what is the role of all these 4 keys.

And the "common key" is only used to open the .iso file or it is also use to sign the partitions using the "Trucha Sign"? Or is the "Trucha Sign" not even related to these keys?

Thanks in advance!

Superlemons

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for being a newb... But why is it that no one is allowed to talk about the key.bin ??? I don't even know how to get them or how to find them on the internet. Everytime someone asks, then someone will say, ask again and you'll get banned...?

Whats wrong with talking about it?

Superlemons

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
It's a very large prime number. I believe that it "belongs" to nintendo, meaning that it's illegal to distribute.

In my opinion, you can't make a number illegal, but my opinion means nothing.

Edit: the prime number is the "key" you need to decrypt the game files. You can find out more about public key encryption on Google, and you can look up RSA on Wikipedia.

bubbleboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about getting away with a technicality? Ie an equation, when completed, will result in the large prime number stored in key.bin.

Surely an equation can't be copyrighted?

mattlouf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bubbleboy said:
What about getting away with a technicality? Ie an equation, when completed, will result in the large prime number stored in key.bin.

An equation with HEXA characters ? is it possible ? (don't you forgot about ABCDEF ?)

phaerun

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
the prime number per se cannot be copyrighted. the file is (in its electronic form), which is why ppl are telling you to edit the file and put the number there yourself. they cannot give you the file. check out the PGPi scanning project to understand what i mean
tongue.gif

as for finding the number. i will only say ..... look for "yum yum" and you will find the light.

you can always find legal ways to give something if you want to.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
mattlouf said:
bubbleboy said:

An equation with HEXA characters ? is it possible ? (don't you forgot about ABCDEF ?)

You don't know what a number is?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1