Trucha signed games using GeckoOS 1.8..?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by bytor, Apr 20, 2009.

Apr 20, 2009
  1. bytor
    OP

Member bytor GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I very stupidly messed up and am now stuck on 4.0E, which basically means that I can't run trucha-signed DVDs. I'd heard that GeckoOS 1.8 is able to run trucha DVDs but I can't get it to work. It basically hangs on the second part of loading (reading DVD stats as far as I remember?).

I've tried messing about with the config parts of it but it doesn't make any difference. Am I right in thinking that you just choose Launch Game from the menu or am I doing things wrong..? If someone could give me a step-by-step idiot-proof guide I'd be very grateful, thanks in advance [​IMG]

2. SenorClean

Member SenorClean GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Install cIOS rev 10.

Run Softchip using IOS 249 or 'Gamma'

It'll work [​IMG] These will launch the disc using cIOS - which is still vulnerable to fakesigning.

So far as I know - GeckoOS alone in 4.0 isn't enough to be able to launch fakesigned content. It worked in the original 3.3 release because not all IOS versions were fixed, and Gecko OS used one of the ones that was still vulnerable.

3. bytor
    OP

Member bytor GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    But if I'm on 4.0E will I be able to install cIOS rev 10..?

I've got a WiiKey modchip with 1.9g firmware so if I install cIOS rev 10 will I need to bother with Softchip (not too sure what it is though lol) or Gamma Launcher..? Can't I just install cIOS rev 10 and run them from the Disc Channel using my WiiKey?

Sorry for all the n00b questions, have never had to worry about stuff like this before thanks to my WiiKey lol.

Could you please give me step by step instructions on how to install cIOS rev 10? I've already downloaded it but have no idea what to use to install it.