Hacking Trucha signed discs

homesickalien

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not 100% clear on the trucha dilemma regarding the new update. Perhaps someone could shed some light here.
I understand that the Twilight Hack was patched and re-hacked by Bushing in a matter of hours, however the Trucha exploit is still patched.
Is there any possibility that someone could find a new method of running their trucha signed backups or is this a permanent fix?
I haven't updated yet and don't plan to (at least until the next big game comes out), but are my custom guitar hero discs garbage if I do?

RyuKakashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It shouldn't matter. There has not been that much testing with Gecko Region Free, and it is originally intended for legit discs but I haven't heard any complaints yet. Works on yaosm, so it should be fine for wiikey.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
problem is i don't want to have to use Gecko Region Free everytime i want to boot up a game that uses trucha sign (thats why i stayed away from those wiiscrubbed games), it feels like swap magic all over again, we just have to wait for another solution to start appearing soon.

unco12

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
NOOBIE POSTING!

Trucha signed discs don't work from what I am reading, but what about PPF'd games?

I don't want to update my Wii to the latest without finding out if my backups that are PPF'd will work or not. Does PPF work in the same manner as Trucha?

Cheers

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
unco12 said:
NOOBIE POSTING!

Trucha signed discs don't work from what I am reading, but what about PPF'd games?

I don't want to update my Wii to the latest without finding out if my backups that are PPF'd will work or not. Does PPF work in the same manner as Trucha?

Cheers
The PPFs are just patches made by people that already performed whatever actions to the disk image and then Trucha signed it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1