Hacking Trucha Bug Restorer release

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It gives you access to all files on nand, while the old dumpers(before BootMii) require raw access. Basically for everything that reads stuff from nand and is not a raw dumper, the patched nand permissions help a lot.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
So does this mean: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=182...ha+bug+restorer it should still work?

It might be possible that Waninkoko releases a newer cIOS but I'm trying to get USB loader to work.
smile.gif
No workies so far. Got the HBC, though.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I said i doubt i can update TBR to work on 4.2. Anyways there's still cBoot2, but people are stupid and forgot that.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
I said i doubt i can update TBR to work on 4.2. Anyways there's still cBoot2, but people are stupid and forgot that.
Look, WiiPower, I am not stupid. Sure, you are a better coder than me and you know a lot more about the Wii than I do. I ended up getting cIOS installed so USB loader works now but trying to get the SD menu to launch titles now.

Thanks for your help.

EDIT: I don't mind a bit of help on teh internetz. I understand you frustration when people don't use things properly and they end up bricking or semi bricking their Wii. If I brick it, I don't care, I understand and accept I've done something stupid. I know that cBoot2 is used at low level but still unsure why it'll make a difference.

I wasn't begging for an update, just asking. First time I used TBR, BTW. It was a little hard to understand.

Q: Do you think I need to Trucha Sign IOS60 to get the SD menu to launch titles working?

Yes or no.
smile.gif

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cboot2 works since it loads and patches an IOS in memory and therefore doesn't rely on any exploit residing in the system. The only prerequisite is having BootMii installed.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
cboot2 works since it loads and patches an IOS in memory and therefore doesn't rely on any exploit residing in the system. The only prerequisite is having BootMii installed.
which is pretty much our only way of getting things back to normal.

now, to write a guide that will explain how to operate this in plain english with little pictures for the noobies.
grog.gif

aha and im not a emoticon user
it was the heat of the moment.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
WiiPower said:
Download links:
1.1:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=7340
(compatible with system menu up to 4.2)

1.0:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6378
(compatible with system menu up to 4.1)

Only use it when you have an idea what the trucha bug is and why you need it. See readme for details.

Please post all problems here. And i want as many as possible confirmations that this installs trucha capable IOS on boot2v4/LU64+ Wiis.

will version 1.1 work on any version 4.2 and below? or just 4.2? In other words, if i'm hacking a 4.0 wii, can I use TBRv1.1 or do I have to use TBR1.0??

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
WiiPower said:
Download links:
1.1:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=7340
(compatible with system menu up to 4.2)

1.0:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6378
(compatible with system menu up to 4.1)

Only use it when you have an idea what the trucha bug is and why you need it. See readme for details.

Please post all problems here. And i want as many as possible confirmations that this installs trucha capable IOS on boot2v4/LU64+ Wiis.

will version 1.1 work on any version 4.2 and below? or just 4.2? In other words, if i'm hacking a 4.0 wii, can I use TBRv1.1 or do I have to use TBR1.0??
4.2 uses new IOS's so you have to use 1.1 on only 4.2 wii's

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
WiiPower said:
It should work on ALL Wiis. If not, please report, then there's something wrong.

I am going to restore my nand to my 3.2U backup, then try trucha bug restorer1.1 to see if it works.

EDIT: it worked, so no need to use TBR1.0 anymore, now use either TBR1.1 or TBR MOD (they both do the same thing, just released by dif ppl)

Cornholio351239

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I am fairly new to the Wii and have a Wii with system menu 3.4e. I have installed HomeBrew Channel (on IOS36) and have DVDx installed to be able to play dvd's.

I would like to be able to use WAD Manager so am looking at installing Trucha bug.

According to the readme it says I need to install a patched IOS36 as IOS249 with all patches. Do I have to downgrade IOS15 first? (sorry if this is really obvious but I would like to fully understand what I need to do before actually doing it).

Thanks, Rob.

elmoreas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
For now i only have 1 confirmation.

Now you have 2 more confirmations as I can confirm on 2 LU66's with 4.2, install went fine no problems. Thanks WiiPower. This is Great. Gecko OS has full functionality back now.

-Elmoreas

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Cornholio351239 said:
Hi, I am fairly new to the Wii and have a Wii with system menu 3.4e. I have installed HomeBrew Channel (on IOS36) and have DVDx installed to be able to play dvd's.

I would like to be able to use WAD Manager so am looking at installing Trucha bug.

According to the readme it says I need to install a patched IOS36 as IOS249 with all patches. Do I have to downgrade IOS15 first? (sorry if this is really obvious but I would like to fully understand what I need to do before actually doing it).

Thanks, Rob.
Which read me is that? Anyway, to get WAD Manager to work you are right that you need a Trucha bug. An IOS and cIOS are different things. IOS, released my N and c(custom)IOS are written by other people. Waninkoko's cIOS is installed into slot 249 (and 250) and are generally called cIOS36/37/38 revXX. His latest is cIOS38 rev16, but I still use 14.

You can use TBR to sign IOS36, then use that for WAD Manager. Alternatively, once you have a signed IOS36 you can use that to install a cIOS then restore IOS36 (may have upsidedown HBC).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ancientboi is old he needs Walmart PA system
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Splitter @ $39 it says. I'll consider it. Thanks
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Coupon makes it 30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My gaming stick can finally get use
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did see Walmart got new electric scooters now ab won't run out of juice in the middle of the parking lot
    +1
    :O:O:O $12. Cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but one two ports
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd rather spend like $15 more for double
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol hogwarts legacy has a Arachnophobia setting to turn on
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.