Gaming Trouble with Popsloader on 5.00 M33

sdtt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I need your help to figure out what went wrong. I have a Phat PSP, already modded and it's 5.00 M33. I created a multi boot EBOOT.PBP for Final Fantasy VII following deanxxczx's guide. I installed Popsloader Easy Installer following the given link in the guide. The eboot file is placed in the GAME folder under the folder SCUS94163. I booted PSP into recovery mode, made sure that pops is enabled. When I tried to load the game I get a black screen followed by an error. I'm under the impression that normally on a first PS1 game boot you're supposed to choose which Pops to load when the R button is held down. This doesn't happen. I've tried doing this using different popsloader version 5.00 scattered across google search, only with varying results in error code. I even checked the Pops.txt in the seplugins, the entry is correct. So how did I screw up? Did I create a faulty Eboot by mistake?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Certainly sounds like a dodgy eboot form that description.

sdtt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fiddled around some more. I created new game images again in ISO and in BIN format, then I turn them into EBOOT using PSX2PSP, Zingra's Popstation GUI, Impaler PSX, and even RS GUI Popstation. Still nothing. With the EBOOT I created from Impaler's, I got as far as the caution screen before PSP error coded me again. I tried to play a single disc game Einhander, made from Zingra's Popstation. It worked to a certain degree. I made it to stage 1 and game overed, thinking that whatever it was it worked; but after I quit midgame and tried to start again, same damn error code appeared again. I just don't know what's causing all this error. It can't be the various Popstations I tried. Popsloader worked, even if it was only once and I still can't get that blasted recovery screen to open. And I thought getting CWcheat to work on PSP was a @#$@#^!#

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Its best not to mess around with the file before coverting it to EBOOT.. When you download/dump it, you should leave it the way it is.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
What did you use to rip the image? I had trouble with all my PS1 games using my usual ripper. I suggest downloading Alcohol 52%, choosing the Playstation option while ripping and ripping to .CCD format (creates a BIN file as well which can be used in PSX2PSP)

sdtt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dirty_harry said:
There are easier ways to get FFVII on your psp...

Seriously!? I thought Popsloader is the easiest way? Well, I suppose I could always pay Sony again for the blasted files, but I already have the discs and everything...

deanxxczx said:
Its best not to mess around with the file before coverting it to EBOOT.. When you download/dump it, you should leave it the way it is.

Not sure what you mean by messing with the files, it was a pretty direct rip straight from the discs. Any further tweaks comes from plugging it into the software to convert into Eboot files, and I didn't mess with icon images and etc.

QUOTE(Jamstruth @ Jan 22 2010, 07:20 PM)
What did you use to rip the image? I had trouble with all my PS1 games using my usual ripper. I suggest downloading Alcohol 52%, choosing the Playstation option while ripping and ripping to .CCD format (creates a BIN file as well which can be used in PSX2PSP)

I started out using UltraISO but switched to ImgBurn later on. I created both ISO and BIN with CUE files.

Good news though, I finally got both FFVII and Einhander working. I think I ended up using the eboot made from the BIN files. I formatted my memory disc (Vista seems to think there're some issues even though I can play UMD and ISO fine), upgraded to M33-6 again, and re-installed the popsloader. Games are finally working as they should be, with pops' boot prompt and everything. I'm so happy right now I can cry. And no FFFFFF or 800200e5 error codes the second time I boot the game!

melvox

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had the same problem once. Popsloader menu not appearing? have you tried enabling the POPS plugin in the Advanced configuration...oh btw...i'm on gen-d3 not sure how it is on m33. But hope this helps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Morning
    +1
  • CooingMaxito @ CooingMaxito:
    Hello fellow stranger
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you mean I've known you since today
    Damn that's bonkers mate, it's almost like we've never met!
    Probably just my imagination
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: