Trouble with Popsloader on 5.00 M33

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by sdtt, Jan 21, 2010.

1. sdtt
    OP

sdtt Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    Hi guys, I need your help to figure out what went wrong. I have a Phat PSP, already modded and it's 5.00 M33. I created a multi boot EBOOT.PBP for Final Fantasy VII following deanxxczx's guide. I installed Popsloader Easy Installer following the given link in the guide. The eboot file is placed in the GAME folder under the folder SCUS94163. I booted PSP into recovery mode, made sure that pops is enabled. When I tried to load the game I get a black screen followed by an error. I'm under the impression that normally on a first PS1 game boot you're supposed to choose which Pops to load when the R button is held down. This doesn't happen. I've tried doing this using different popsloader version 5.00 scattered across google search, only with varying results in error code. I even checked the Pops.txt in the seplugins, the entry is correct. So how did I screw up? Did I create a faulty Eboot by mistake?

2. xist

xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

Jul 14, 2008
    Certainly sounds like a dodgy eboot form that description.

3. sdtt
    OP

sdtt Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    I fiddled around some more. I created new game images again in ISO and in BIN format, then I turn them into EBOOT using PSX2PSP, Zingra's Popstation GUI, Impaler PSX, and even RS GUI Popstation. Still nothing. With the EBOOT I created from Impaler's, I got as far as the caution screen before PSP error coded me again. I tried to play a single disc game Einhander, made from Zingra's Popstation. It worked to a certain degree. I made it to stage 1 and game overed, thinking that whatever it was it worked; but after I quit midgame and tried to start again, same damn error code appeared again. I just don't know what's causing all this error. It can't be the various Popstations I tried. Popsloader worked, even if it was only once and I still can't get that blasted recovery screen to open. And I thought getting CWcheat to work on PSP was a @#$@#^!#

4. dirty_harry

dirty_harry GBAtemp Regular

Jan 30, 2008
    There are easier ways to get FFVII on your psp...

5. prowler

prowler Sony

Jul 14, 2009
    Ragol
    Its best not to mess around with the file before coverting it to EBOOT.. When you download/dump it, you should leave it the way it is.

6. Jamstruth

Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

Apr 23, 2009
    North East Scotland
    What did you use to rip the image? I had trouble with all my PS1 games using my usual ripper. I suggest downloading Alcohol 52%, choosing the Playstation option while ripping and ripping to .CCD format (creates a BIN file as well which can be used in PSX2PSP)

7. sdtt
    OP

sdtt Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    I started out using UltraISO but switched to ImgBurn later on. I created both ISO and BIN with CUE files.

Good news though, I finally got both FFVII and Einhander working. I think I ended up using the eboot made from the BIN files. I formatted my memory disc (Vista seems to think there're some issues even though I can play UMD and ISO fine), upgraded to M33-6 again, and re-installed the popsloader. Games are finally working as they should be, with pops' boot prompt and everything. I'm so happy right now I can cry. And no FFFFFF or 800200e5 error codes the second time I boot the game!

8. melvox

melvox GBAtemp Regular

Dec 17, 2008
    I had the same problem once. Popsloader menu not appearing? have you tried enabling the POPS plugin in the Advanced configuration...oh btw...i'm on gen-d3 not sure how it is on m33. But hope this helps.