Hacking Trouble with nIxx's USB Loader?

CJHacker

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Apr 2, 2009
Messages
6
Trophies
0
XP
9
Country
United States
I had posted this in the original thread, but I think it just got lost in the mix.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one that has run into this yet or not, but I've been playing around with nIxx's loader, which works great, unless I hit the power button on my Wiimote. I get a code dump if I do that. Anybody else have the same issue with it?

Thanks,

CJ
 

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2008
Messages
1,201
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
230
Country
Gambia, The
As far as I know that issue is in all USB Loader versions.
Maybe waninkoko can fix this when he also fixes the issuw with patched to IOS249 isos
smile.gif
 

CJHacker

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Apr 2, 2009
Messages
6
Trophies
0
XP
9
Country
United States
Ah, ok. Thanks Shizzza. I didn't remember reading anything about it, and just happened to hit the button the other night. Usually I don't hit the power button from in there anyway, but thought I should bring it up in case nobody has run into it yet.
 

Jacobeian

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
May 15, 2008
Messages
1,891
Trophies
0
XP
367
Country
Cuba
this is a common bug with libogc programs, not related to IOS at all

you cannot call the SYS_ResetSystem function directly in the PowerButton callback
you need to set a flag as TRUE and, in your main loop, periodically check for this flag to be set and only then call SYS_ResetSystem(SYS_POWEROFF, 0, 0);

I hope that's clear enough, I can quickly fix the code if you point me where it is
 

TroyTheZombie

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2009
Messages
1,631
Trophies
0
Age
39
Location
Calgary, Canada
Website
Visit site
XP
227
Country
Canada
WiiShizzza said:
As far as I know that issue is in all USB Loader versions.
Maybe waninkoko can fix this when he also fixes the issuw with patched to IOS249 isos
smile.gif


Eh? odd, it works fine for me.

Yep, literally double checked it a second ago. powerbutton on remote turns off the system, no code dump.
 

TroyTheZombie

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2009
Messages
1,631
Trophies
0
Age
39
Location
Calgary, Canada
Website
Visit site
XP
227
Country
Canada
i honestly cannot remember where i got my dol file from (i made it into a channel), but its called-

USBLoader_1.1s.dol

I'll try to find the page i got it from.

I can host it if you like.

anyway, I don't have any ios249 patched games on mt PC at the moment,

at least i don't think i do.

I do have mortal Komat Armageddon, but after the screen where it shows you all the control schemes you can use, it just gets stuck at a black screen. I c an still power down using the remote just fine there too, as well as before loading the game (while still at the loader)
 

hungyip84

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2007
Messages
470
Trophies
0
XP
126
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
this is a common bug with libogc programs, not related to IOS at all

you cannot call the SYS_ResetSystem function directly in the PowerButton callback
you need to set a flag as TRUE and, in your main loop, periodically check for this flag to be set and only then call SYS_ResetSystem(SYS_POWEROFF, 0, 0);

I hope that's clear enough, I can quickly fix the code if you point me where it is

That's something I am working on too.

I looked up the wiibrew forum yesterday and got some idea. I will try to work on it today. If Jacobeian could work on that, that would be great!
 

TroyTheZombie

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2009
Messages
1,631
Trophies
0
Age
39
Location
Calgary, Canada
Website
Visit site
XP
227
Country
Canada
i honestly cannot remember where i got my dol file from (i made it into a channel), but its called-

USBLoader_1.1s.dol

I'll try to find the page i got it from.

I can host it if you like.

anyway, I don't have any ios249 patched games on mt PC at the moment,

at least i don't think i do.

I do have mortal Komat Armageddon, but after the screen where it shows you all the control schemes you can use, it just gets stuck at a black screen. I c an still power down using the remote just fine there too, as well as before loading the game (while still at the loader)


ah, ok, i have to patch it, i'll do that quick and load it onto my usb drive, give me a few miutes.
 

Jacobeian

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
May 15, 2008
Messages
1,891
Trophies
0
XP
367
Country
Cuba
WiiShizzza said:
@Jacobeian
Maybe you can have a look in my source.
http://ul.to/ni6rej


in sys.c

replace

Code:
void __Sys_ResetCallback(void)
{
ÂÂÂÂ/* Reboot console */
ÂÂÂÂSys_Reboot();
}

void __Sys_PowerCallback(void)
{
ÂÂÂÂ/* Poweroff console */
ÂÂÂÂSys_Shutdown();
}

with:

Code:
u8 Reboot = 0;
u8 Shutdown = 0;

void __Sys_ResetCallback(void)
{
ÂÂÂÂ/* Reboot console */
ÂÂReboot = 1;
}

void __Sys_PowerCallback(void)
{
ÂÂÂÂ/* Poweroff console */
ÂÂShutdown = 1;
}

in sys.h:

add
Code:
extern u8 Reboot;
extern u8 Shutdown;



in wpad.c, Wpad_WaitButtons function:

add
Code:
if (Reboot) Sys_Reboot();
if (Shutdown) Sys_Shutdown();

in the while loop, just before
CODEbuttons = Wpad_GetButtons();


should be fine

PS:
what is absurd is that sys.c is basically a rewrite of libogc SYS function, I don't really understand why it doesn't use them directly since the code is linked with libogc
seems pretty pointless to me but I guesss that's waninkoko's way of codin
rolleyes.gif
g
 

hungyip84

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2007
Messages
470
Trophies
0
XP
126
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
WiiShizzza said:
@Jacobeian
Maybe you can have a look in my source.
http://ul.to/ni6rej


in sys.c

replace

Code:
void __Sys_ResetCallback(void)
{
ÂÂÂÂ/* Reboot console */
ÂÂÂÂSys_Reboot();
}

void __Sys_PowerCallback(void)
{
ÂÂÂÂ/* Poweroff console */
ÂÂÂÂSys_Shutdown();
}

with:

Code:
u8 Reboot = 0;
u8 Shutdown = 0;

void __Sys_ResetCallback(void)
{
ÂÂÂÂ/* Reboot console */
ÂÂReboot = 1;
}

void __Sys_PowerCallback(void)
{
ÂÂÂÂ/* Poweroff console */
ÂÂShutdown = 1;
}

in sys.h:

add
Code:
extern u8 Reboot;
extern u8 Shutdown;



in wpad.c, Wpad_WaitButtons function:

add
Code:
if (Reboot) Sys_Reboot();
if (Shutdown) Sys_Shutdown();

in the while loop, just before
Code:
buttons = Wpad_GetButtons();


should be fine

PS:
what is absurd is that sys.c is basically a rewrite of libogc SYS function, I don't really understand why it doesn't use them directly since the code is linked with libogc
seems pretty pointless to me but I guesss that's waninkoko's way of codin
rolleyes.gif
g


One more change:

CODE
void __Wpad_PowerCallback(s32 chan)
{
ÂÂÂÂ/* Poweroff console */
ÂÂÂÂshutdown = 1;
}

I have compiled it but I am at work. Could not test on it until I am back. Hopefully someone could test on these changes.
 

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: more the better scott