Trouble with gammaloader

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by soraxcloud, Jun 26, 2010.

Jun 26, 2010

Trouble with gammaloader by soraxcloud at 12:23 AM (2,578 Views / 0 Likes) 34 replies

1. soraxcloud
    OP

Newcomer soraxcloud Member

United States
    [​IMG]
    Wish that little angry man was holding a wii instead. >.>

Ahem anyway I'm trying to get my Wii to play backup game files from DVDs as I don't have an external hard drive yet. (really want one!) To start I'm not entirely new to the homebrew/hacking scene. I love my acekard and have had the Home Brew Channel installed on my Wii for like 3 or so months but I am still pretty bad with all the lingo and such...

I just recently decided I'd like to try getting Wii games so I went and found all the tutorials I could. Sense my Wii was upgraded to 4.2 already I used the the Trucha Bug Restorer (used this video tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltrd3oq8hPc...re=channel_page ) which allowed me to finally run the ciso rev 17 without the controller dying on me. Now I'm trying to install the gamma loader backup loader and when I try to run it at all through the homebrew channel all I get's a black screen.

So um any help getting it to work would be greatly appreciated. I tried r7 (.3 I think) and r8. (again I think .9 but not entirely sure my comp just gave me issues and I had to delete them. >.> )

2. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    The cIOS installer might have not run properly. Boot it again and see if you can select IOS249 without your controller dying.

3. soraxcloud
    OP

United States
    well that's wierd... my controller works for selecting the iso number but when I hit A to continue the signal drops.

4. Riley

Member Riley GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Try using IOS36. Also you should use neogamma for disc loading.

5. soraxcloud
    OP

United States
    Okay I'll try. I think that's what I meant. Only the ones I tried were older versions? xD

6. Krestent

United States
    The fact that the signal dropped when you selected IOS249 means that the cIOS didn't install. In most guides, TBR is used on IOS36, so select IOS36.

7. soraxcloud
    OP

United States
    Done andddd... I got nothing same as before black screen. =(

Think me trying that version 9 of neogamma would help any?

8. Krestent

United States
    Not if you don't have a cIOS. To test if you have it this time, try the test I told you to do last time: selecting IOS249 in the cIOS installer.

9. soraxcloud
    OP

United States
    I did that the first time you told me. That's when the connection drops. If I select IOS249 it drops, if I select IOS36 it works but nothing changes.

10. Riley

Canada
    Use TBR to patch IOS36.
    Run the installer and select IOS36. Press NETWORK INSTALLATION.
    Run Neogamma R9 from HBC.

Post results.

11. soraxcloud
    OP

United States
    Woot! That worked! I can get into the neogamma now! However it just gave me an error, dvd err(1178), disk ID. Sorry I'm totally doing this all wrong eh? xD

I think I know what the problem was before actually... my micro SD cards adapters lock switch went bad and I didn't realize it. Realized it after but thought it happened after all the IOS installs. Guess not. Found another one and yeah. xD

12. soraxcloud
    OP

United States
    Humm just read in another forum Wii can only read -R. If that's true then that's my new problem. xP

13. Krestent

United States
    It can read +R, it's just that it kills your drive faster, and it isn't as reliable.

14. soraxcloud
    OP

United States
    Alright well if it can read DVD+R then what's this dvd err(1178),? I've been looking and I can't really seem to find anything about that error code anywhere.

15. Riley

Canada
    When did you get your wii ? You might have a D3-2 Drive that is unable of reading DVDR. anything after mid 2009 i believe.

16. George Dawes

Member George Dawes Wanker

Trinidad and Tobago
    DVD+R doesn't kill the drive any faster at all.

17. soraxcloud
    OP

United States
    Well lets seeee... I don't remember exactly but it had to have been about two years ago. Let me think a wile before they tried to make you pay for the internet channel then everyone complained and they mad it free again or whatever. Anyone remember when that was?

Wow yeah I guess that would had to have been 2007 then huh? I've had it FOREVER. xDD

Before the big honky silicone skins for the wii motes and mine also goes into power save and shut down differently than two of my friends. It also has to turn on fully to eject the disk the one my fried has spits it out then shuts right back down... I think. Actually haven't played with hers in a wile. xD

18. soraxcloud
    OP

United States
    Yeah definitely cause I'd gotten Mario Party 8 not all that long after it's release.

19. soraxcloud
    OP

United States
    Burned another copy, tried it and got the same error... figured it could have been a bad burn but guess not. >.<

Going to bed nao. *yawns* Maybe buy some DVD-Rs tomorrow. Unless someone knows another way that would be a sure fire fix cause not even sure -Rs would work %100. Don't suggest External hard drive though I already know about that and don't have the money. xP

20. soraxcloud
    OP

United States
    Found some DVD-Rs burned 2 tired them and... yea... no... Same error as DVD+R. So anyone have any ideas? I'm going to try and find my 8gig usb drive and see if that'll work. I don't see why it wouldn't so yeah. I would however much prefer DVD till I can get an external hard drive so any help in getting them to work would be greatly appreciated. >.