Hacking Trouble with a backed up game.

AhrenNighthawk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, before I was trying to hack a save game for a certain game featuring catching, raising, and training monsters. Well, I backed up my original save file beforehand, because I was pretty sure that it'd mess up but I wanted to try anyhow. So I go ahead and mess with the save game, and replace it back into the proper slot with the proper name. Boot up the game, Corrupted save, reverts back to previous save.

So I throw in the backed up one. Corrupted save again, reverts back. I kept a copy of this save on my computer, and I know it works as I used another copy of it with No$GBA. Anyhow, so I'm sitting there going "Wha?" Then I remember the EEPROM and backup save crap. So after a loading the DS-X up and allowing the EEPROM to clear, I formatted the DSX to FAT. After that, I placed a new ROM in there, booted it up. Corrupted save, reverts to the same point as the others. A little frustrated, I format again and just throw the new ROM in there. No corrupted save, but it's back at that same point. So I save my game and replace it with the original save file. Now it just reverts to the old save. I know that the save file isn't screwed up as a converted version of it works on No$GBA. So, anybody know where the game is saving this damned backup save, so that if I place a brand new ROM on the cart it still manages to load up that persistent save game?

AhrenNighthawk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did 1.1.0 have save corruption issues? Because everytime I do that it says my save is corrupted (Odd, as I said though, because it works in No$GBA.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...