Hacking Trouble Softmodding Wii

JarvisMarx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so ive been through so many forums, where other people have posted their issues, and nothings seeming to work for me. Ive tried letterbomb and modmii/wilbrand, and ive formatted my two sd cards(sdhc 4gb/microSD 2gb w/adapter) between FAT and FAT32. My version is 4.3U, i've entered my mac address correctly, ive restarted the wii with either card using either exploit, and inserted them while it was on. The date/time is correct, wiiconnect24 is off, but no letterbomb or wilbrand message pops up. I even formatted the wii, but still no luck. Any advice/help?

EDIT: It also has never been modded

Last edited by JarvisMarx,

John_Ice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so ive been through so many forums, where other people have posted their issues, and nothings seeming to work for me. Ive tried letterbomb and modmii/wilbrand, and ive formatted my two sd cards(sdhc 4gb/microSD 2gb w/adapter) between FAT and FAT32. My version is 4.3U, i've entered my mac address correctly, ive restarted the wii with either card using either exploit, and inserted them while it was on. The date/time is correct, wiiconnect24 is off, but no letterbomb or wilbrand message pops up. I even formatted the wii, but still no luck. Any advice/help?

EDIT: It also has never been modded

Did you try with Modmii ?

JarvisMarx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I tried using modmii, and I've also been through several months looking for it. I think the problem is I only have sdhc cards, and I have the model of wii with the gamecube ports, and I think I read somewhere that although sdhc cards work with 4.0 and forward, they don't with that wii model. I ordered a 2gb standard sd card to arrive in a week, hopefully it'll work then.

Flashed

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yes, I tried using modmii, and I've also been through several months looking for it. I think the problem is I only have sdhc cards, and I have the model of wii with the gamecube ports, and I think I read somewhere that although sdhc cards work with 4.0 and forward, they don't with that wii model. I ordered a 2gb standard sd card to arrive in a week, hopefully it'll work then.

Nope that's not the problem. I use a 4GB Samsung SDHC and I also have the model with gc ports. Just make sure that the code you put is correct and your sd is FAT32 formated. Also make sure to choose the 'Red' one, and not the blue (sometimes I have had problems with blue) https://please.hackmii.com/

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're using HackMii installer make sure you have upgraded to System Menu 4.3. It expects IOS 58 unpatched.

It's also to use a regular SD card, not SDHC or SDXC.

Red and blue wires both point to the exact same javascript function on please.hackmii.com. :)

remlei

Trophies
XP
Country
SDHC cards should work on Wii with system menu v4.x

Some questions:

- If you inserted the SD card on Wii, does the SD card Icon System Menu lights up with blue? If it doesnt, then you may have a broken SD card slot on your Wii or just dirty slot that may be fixed by using a compress air (maybe with combination of using a electronic contact cleaner uses to clean electronic boards contact points such as cartrdidge based slots like you find on NES/SNES/DS/3DS.
- If SD card does lit up, is the computer youre using is malware free(windows)? Since most malware (Worms or trjoanhorses) have some sort of modifying the actual file structure of any removable storage you put in your computer, if youre not sure, use a another computer (just format the card using a another device such as android or something first before opening it to another windows computer) and recopy all the files again.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SDHC cards should work on Wii with system menu v4.x

They do, but that doesn't mean they work with homebrew. If you want to use HackMii installer the best bet is a 2GB or smaller SD card, not SDHC or SDXC. You also should update to 4.3 first and don't patch any IOSes under 200. If you follow those directions it works fine.

remlei

Trophies
XP
Country
I used a 64GB SDXC (sandisk brand, UHS-I 48MB/s speed) to hack any wii and it works just fine from first to last step of hacking the wii in modmii way.

although when I tried to softmod my friend's wii and he only had some low capacity cards like 4GB and 8GB variants and yep they dont work at all, at least the letterbomb exploit works but it wont load the hackmii installer, just stuck with blackscreen and hangs. My fix for this is to partition the SD card with less than 2GB partition and make sure that the partition is mapped on first sector not on the last.

But I think this is unrelated with OP's issue since he had a trouble loading a letterbomb exploit on his wii which is the starting point of hacking the wii.

JarvisMarx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I picked up a 2gb sd card from walmart today, to no avail. Used modmii/wilbrand and letterbomb, and still nothing. Formatted in both FAT and FAT32. The sd card symbol has popped up blue everytime ive put in an sd card, but i cant get the message. The computer is virus free, just did a recent scan. Im really at my wits end here, there's no reason this shouldnt work.

EDIT: It must've been the computer. Just got my laptop working today and on a whim looked to see if it had a sd card slot. It did, i have the letter. Hell yeah

Last edited by JarvisMarx,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse