ROM Hack Trouble running custom .code

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatHax0r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, the base is not useful in anyway for the .code file, but I think that it is the location for it inside the exefs. I can't confirm that though, but we don't use it at all.
.text starts at 0x0.
Right, confusing... any way we can calculate starts and ends of all these sections? would be extremely grateful if someone could...

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Right, confusing... any way we can calculate starts and ends of all these sections? would be extremely grateful if someone could...
Just do some math.
.text ends at text_size
.rodata starts at text_size and ends at rodata_size+text_size
.data starts at rodata_size+text_size and ends at data_size+rodata_size+text_size

Reactions: nallar

JustPingo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
We're currently trying the plan C, because the plan B is a pain lol.
What I'm currently trying to do is somethign a bit weird but that could work: running some code alongside HANS so it can trigger itself when the eShop is booted. Not sure if it'll work, just investigation.

Reactions: nallar

DatHax0r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What I'm currently trying to do is somethign a bit weird but that could work: running some code alongside HANS so it can trigger itself when the eShop is booted. Not sure if it'll work, just investigation.
If that works, awesome!

V3NUS_M1NER

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might want to contact the developer of bootCTR

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Wow, just found this thread with my below 10.2 N3DSes and O3DS, awesome! I'm rooting for you guys! I hate to ask these kind of questions, but do you have any ETA in mind?

Reactions: DatHax0r

JustPingo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Don't be too hyped we don't even know if it'll work.
And no, sorry.
(by the way what we're trying right know *should* work on any firmware)

Reactions: V3NUS_M1NER

tesnos6921

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may be a stupid question, but would your 'Plan C' require a N3DS since it has extras cores for you you to run the extra code in the background with? Just asking because I have an O3DS.

DatHax0r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This may be a stupid question, but would your 'Plan C' require a N3DS since it has extras cores for you you to run the extra code in the background with? Just asking because I have an O3DS.
... Hans runs in background on o3ds and new...

tesnos6921

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, thanks.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just got an idea... instead of trying to put new items or modify old ones into the eshop in order to install cias, why don't we try something similar to what tubehax did and use a custom dns server to trick the eshop into going to the wrong site for its downloads? However, there are several flaws with this, like the eshop probably checks the cia filesize before downloading it, and the server would only have cias that the host put on it, unless it was open source. This probably wouldn't work, but i just wanted to see what you guys thought about it.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ok, thanks.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just got an idea... instead of trying to put new items or modify old ones into the eshop in order to install cias, why don't we try something similar to what tubehax did and use a custom dns server to trick the eshop into going to the wrong site for its downloads? However, there are several flaws with this, like the eshop probably checks the cia filesize before downloading it, and the server would only have cias that the host put on it, unless it was open source. This probably wouldn't work, but i just wanted to see what you guys thought about it.
The eShop communication is no doubt SSL encrypted, but if we can patch the eShop to work over regular HTTP or make it accept any SSL certificate then it should be possible. We would basically need an eShop server emulator made with PHP or something though, that acts exactly like the real eShop. I doubt it is as simple as putting CIA files on a webserver.

Reactions: V3NUS_M1NER
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.