Hacking Trouble playing ripped ges using USB loader gx

Cru

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I decided that I was going to jump into the whole Homebrew scene and I used this guide.

http://lifehacker.com/5280957/load-your-wi...rd-disk-part-ii

Everything said it was a success on the install (although BootMii doesn’t work and as far as I can tell it is because my HP 4GB SDHC isn’t compatible because I am getting the blue light flashing on startup).

I am using 4.0U, a Western Digital WDH1U10000N, USB Loader (loaded using the Wad Manager so it comes out as a channel – the lastest version available).  The steps I use are listed at the link above.

I formatted my drive and burned some games to the drive using USB Loader GX.

I have burned Dokopan Kingdom, Punch Out, Legend of Zelda, and Mario Galaxy(all from original discs) and I am having a problem I wasn’t able to find really documented on any of the sites.

For Punch Out, Dokopan Kingdom and Legend of Zelda, they will load up from the USB drive.  Super Mario Galaxy however doesn’t, it hangs at a black screen forever and I have to do a hard reset on it.

The other thing that is rather odd is that after a restart, I can run Punch Out, Dokopan, and Legend of Zelda… but if I exit a game and go back into the USB Loader without an entire restart of the Wii system, it will fail to load just like Super Mario Galaxy does and I have to do a hard boot.

I tried looking through that huge thread at the top but I’ve only read about the 40 most recent pages (and was skimming at that), has anyone had a problem like this?  If so, is there a fix?  Should I try a different loader?  I have heard that it might have something to do with the USB drive spinning down… but I specifically bought the WDH1U10000N because so many people had good experiences with it.

Thanks,

All new Yahoo! Mail - Get a sneak peak at messages with a handy reading pane.

Edit: Sorry about the title... I meant Games and I can't figure out how to edit titles

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure bout ur problem with super Mario galaxy. But ur other games having to do a hard reset is a problem with the cios rev 13. It's a know problem with it and nothing to do but wait out for next cios to fix it. Rev 14 suppose come out this weekend but will see.

iceache

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cru said:

I decided that I was going to jump into the whole Homebrew scene and I used this guide.

http://lifehacker.com/5280957/load-your-wi...rd-disk-part-ii

Everything said it was a success on the install (although BootMii doesn’t work and as far as I can tell it is because my HP 4GB SDHC isn’t compatible because I am getting the blue light flashing on startup).

I am using 4.0U, a Western Digital WDH1U10000N, USB Loader (loaded using the Wad Manager so it comes out as a channel – the lastest version available).  The steps I use are listed at the link above.

I formatted my drive and burned some games to the drive using USB Loader GX.

I have burned Dokopan Kingdom, Punch Out, Legend of Zelda, and Mario Galaxy(all from original discs) and I am having a problem I wasn’t able to find really documented on any of the sites.

For Punch Out, Dokopan Kingdom and Legend of Zelda, they will load up from the USB drive.  Super Mario Galaxy however doesn’t, it hangs at a black screen forever and I have to do a hard reset on it.

The other thing that is rather odd is that after a restart, I can run Punch Out, Dokopan, and Legend of Zelda… but if I exit a game and go back into the USB Loader without an entire restart of the Wii system, it will fail to load just like Super Mario Galaxy does and I have to do a hard boot.

I tried looking through that huge thread at the top but I’ve only read about the 40 most recent pages (and was skimming at that), has anyone had a problem like this?  If so, is there a fix?  Should I try a different loader?  I have heard that it might have something to do with the USB drive spinning down… but I specifically bought the WDH1U10000N because so many people had good experiences with it.

Thanks,

All new Yahoo! Mail - Get a sneak peak at messages with a handy reading pane.

You probably don't have the right IOS installed to run Mario Galaxy.

Ridonze

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok guys. I sorted my problem out.

I am on 4.0e, cios 38 rev 12 (wani's) and usb loader gx revision 576.

Installing a patched ios60 sorted out 4 problems that I was having :

1. I can now close one game, open usb loader gx again and play the next game without having to restart my wii.

2. In can now copy / move saved games and channels from my sd card to wii system menu without getting the "may not have been copied / moved" error.

3. I can launch my wiiware channels from my sd card.

4. After closing one .avi file on mplayer CE, I can immediately access my usb storage and choose another one to play without having to first exit HBC and restart it, which was the case before I installed the patched ios60 .

So, just look for a patched ios60 wad or IOS60-61_Shop_Mii_Installer and bob's you uncle.

Enjoy!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I don't know you