Trouble installing WAD

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by andrewajt62, Oct 29, 2014.

1. andrewajt62
    OP

andrewajt62 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2014
    United States
    I am an Ocarina of Time speedrunner on Wii Virtual Console, and am trying install the Japanese version as it's faster.

**UPDATE: I managed to use Multi Mod Manager to install Japanese OoT. It appears as a channel now. However, when I try to run it, it says "This Channel cannot be used." I'm assuming that is because of region lock. How do I get around this?

I am extremely new to Wii Hacking, and my friend directed me tohttp://please.hackmii.com/. I inputted my version, 4.3U, then MAC adress then loaded it on. I installed the homebrew channel and BootMii. Then, I moved those files off the SD card, and installed WAD Manager 1.7 (with another ZIP file he gave me) with the OoT WAD in it. When I load IOS249, I get up to this screen and it freezes (the music is still playing, but I can't press any buttons with the Wii or GC controller). I'm trying to press A.

http://gyazo.com/bab75a739132250aed0aa4c3b46c48fb

When I select IOS36, I can select the WAD within the files, but when I try to install it, I get Error 2011. I don't have IOS236 like some other guides were suggesting.

http://gyazo.com/d3422a92e8ca645d87166fa2f4208e95

What should I do? I'm very good with computers, but as I said, I've never tried Wii hacking and don't know any of the terminology, so please help me out. All I want to do is install the JP Ocarina of Time. I don't need anything else.

Thanks! (PS: I have a capture card and Amarec, so I can post more screenshots if needed)

2. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    What cIOSs did you install?

3. andrewajt62
    OP

andrewajt62 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2014
    United States
    I don't exactly know what a cIOS is, but I installed the Homebrew Channel and BootMii (although I moved everything off the SD card onto my computer).

4. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    If I remember right, you need to use a cIOS or two to install other WADs. Google around and learn about cIOSs. You'll want to use d2x-cIOSs, but I don't remember just blindly installing, messing up could cause some nasty problems with your Wii. Study what you're doing first then when you're confident, then attempt it. Here's a good place to start if googling isn't ideal: https://code.google.com/p/d2x-cios/

5. andrewajt62
    OP

andrewajt62 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2014
    United States
    Why is it freezing on IOS249? If I could continue on from that point I would be able to install it.

6. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    Did you install a cIOS in 249? If not, that's why, you need to setup a cIOS or two.

7. andrewajt62
    OP

andrewajt62 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2014
    United States
    Update: I managed to use Multi Mod Manager to install Japanese OoT. It appears as a channel now. However, when I try to run it, it says "This Channel cannot be used." I'm assuming that is because of region lock. How do I get around this?

8. SuperrSonic

SuperrSonic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 9, 2011
    Priiloader has a hack for that, but if you want something not permanent try Gecko OS.

9. andrewajt62
    OP

andrewajt62 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2014
    United States
    I used showmiiwads to make it region free, and it's working! Anything else I should be aware of? I'm continuing to boot with bootmii2, is that necessary if I'm just running the VC game? It's on an SD card, but many of my save files are on a different SD card with no hacking files, so I'd like to use that one normally unless it's a bad idea.

The only thing I have on the hacked SD card is bootmii2, homebrew channel installation pack, and MMM.