Hacking WIP [Trinket] [Rebug] [Others] SWITCHBOOT_UF2 / FUSEE_UF2 modchip software

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@mattytrog Hi friend i have a issue with trinket m0 im trying to update the switchboot but i cant access the bootloader im pressing the reset button twice like always but nothing happen im in switchboot 1.10 when i press twice the reset button the light turn red flashing fast and its supposed to flash but slowly.
OK... Boot to Switchboot menu...

Place sept-primary.bin on SD root
Double-press reset
Connect to PC
launch sept-primary

Switchboot drive should pop up

Marax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ive got a Big Question. Ive installed a RCMX86 in my Switch, but i cant program it with a Uf2 file.
When i connect it to my PC it gave me a Windows 10 usb device not recognized. I tried it with another Windows 10 Laptop but the same message.
I think the Chip is working when i Boot up the Console with the Chip it says Error RCM X86, because its not programmed.
Is there another way to program it? Thanks :)

Acide0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi, I got a little problem here, my son have update de switch in 8.1.0. I got a trinket M0 inside with the method 3 for install so with a permanent 5v. Normally I use the folder 0 and inside the .nx to boot on hekate(that auto boot to atmosphere Kosmos package) but rigth now if I have understand it don't work because that hekate as not been update to support 8.1.0

There is a way to make it work ?

Paburo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've only read through the first ~30 pages, but there was talk about a built-in Hekate mod that would load when no payload was found on the SD. Is that the current Switchboot Pt2?

I ask because I want a sort of reverse-dual-boot:
1)When there's an SD card inserted, boot off payload.bin.
2)Without SD, default to built-in payload and select "Reboot(Normal)" to boot into stock Horizon.

So I'd solder in my Trinket M0, hook in both the JoyCon and Vol+ straps, and flash the Switchboot BOTH Pt1, then Switchboot Pt2.
Load up my SD with Atmosphere and fusee-primary (renamed payload.bin).

And that should be it?

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I've only read through the first ~30 pages, but there was talk about a built-in Hekate mod that would load when no payload was found on the SD. Is that the current Switchboot Pt2?

I ask because I want a sort of reverse-dual-boot:
1)When there's an SD card inserted, boot off payload.bin.
2)Without SD, default to built-in payload and select "Reboot(Normal)" to boot into stock Horizon.

So I'd solder in my Trinket M0, hook in both the JoyCon and Vol+ straps, and flash the Switchboot BOTH Pt1, then Switchboot Pt2.
Load up my SD with Atmosphere and fusee-primary (renamed payload.bin).

And that should be it?

Just download the source code and change - src/main.c to boot into OFW, you can do that with Argon_NX mod easily (just press v+ button), but you can mod it to autoboot if you don't want to do that.

Paburo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just download the source code and change - src/main.c to boot into OFW, you can do that with Argon_NX mod easily (just press v+ button), but you can mod it to autoboot if you don't want to do that.

I'm not too fussed about autobooting into stock, and not really interested in diving into code for this. I just want it to be difficult/impossible to boot stock with the SD card inserted.

I was just confused because I wasn't sure where "Fusee-UF2" came in (finally read up to page 38 and saw its introduction), but it doesn't sound like what I want.

I'm basically staying in Atmosphere EmuMMC 90% of the time, so that auto-booting with the two-strap bootloader's fine and preferable.
I just want to be sure that when I remove the SD card, there's still some sort of built-in payload that'll give me the option to run stock OS, just so I can hop online and trade Pokemon with my little brother every now and again. It doesn't need to auto-boot stock, it doesn't need fancy graphics, I just need the option to be there, even if it's a few extra clicks,

Marax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I pressed Vol + by booting before i know that it deletes the Uf2. Now when i press the Power Button it brings me into RCM and dont start any kind of Payload.
But i can manually inject a payload with PC. I dissasembled my Switch and soldered the magnetical switch between the Rst and GND on my RCM-x86 then i used the Tegra Smash from PC to boot into Atmosphere. Then i used the Magnet but the Chip doesnt goes into RCM mode ...

Anyone knows an Answer?

Please help anyone... I dont know what i can do now ...

Last edited by Marax,

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had a feeling big changes were afoot. Thats why I haven`t released for in what seems to be a long time.

The last thing I want to do is cause further fractures...

Hekate is king...

Switchboot is just a subordinate mod of Hekate. Therefore, I have to follow the main branch.

And the nyx API is simply superb... A running start indeed!

However... Due to space constricts, The "classic" version will be the one that will be flashed to modchips (not including nyx).

Remember we are still dealing with a 126296b stack. Nyx is loaded elsewhere... So nutshell time...

1) If using Fusee-UF2, you can use Switchboot or the new Hekate / nyx as you probably know...

2) If not using Fusee-UF2, the simple "TUI" version (classic) will be the version that gets flashed to chips... Not possible at this time to launch nyx & all assets etc from chip. So you will need the "nyx" file which I will customize in due course with my extra stuff...

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Already working on it!

basic payload version (without nyx) coming later today.

Still getting acquainted with nyx.

Credits due, they did do a great job with the GUI - but there's nothing wrong with your current version - and like you already said, nyx is basically just loaded from hekate anyway. I know you're constrained with space, but why not just keep your version as it is and just add the ability to load nyx? Will there be much coding involved?

I added a toggle button to argon-nx mod to rename titles folders in both sxos and atmosphere - it works pretty well (handy for booting into 'safe mode' if you have custom themes, patches installed).

Code is as follows:
Code:
int titles() {
    bool ren = btn_read() & BTN_VOL_UP;
    bool restore = btn_read() & BTN_VOL_DOWN;

if (ren) {

if (f_stat("sxos/titles", NULL)) {
          f_rename("sxos/titles.bak", "sxos/titles");
          string = "titles.bak renamed to titles";
        text_centre();
        gfx_printf(&g_gfx_con, "%k%s%k", GREEN, string, MYBLUE);
      }

else if (f_stat("atmosphere/titles", NULL)) {
          f_rename("atmosphere/titles.bak", "atmosphere/titles");
          string = "titles.bak renamed to titles";
        text_centre();
      }

else {
          string = "titles folder already exists";
        text_centre();
        gfx_printf(&g_gfx_con, "%k%s%k", colour_red, string, MYBLUE);
      }
      }

else if (restore) {
      if (f_stat("sxos/titles.bak", NULL)) {
          f_rename("sxos/titles", "sxos/titles.bak");
          string = "titles renamed to titles.bak";
          text_centre();
      }

else if (f_stat("atmosphere/titles.bak", NULL)) {
          f_rename("atmosphere/titles", "atmosphere/titles.bak");
          string = "titles renamed to titles.bak";
          text_centre();
      }

else {
          string = "titles.bak folder already exists";
        text_centre();
        gfx_printf(&g_gfx_con, "%k%s%k", colour_red, string, MYBLUE);
      }
      }

else {
      if (f_stat("sxos/titles", NULL)) {
            string = "sxos/titles: does not exist";
            text_centre();
            int font_size = (((text_scale * 8) * strlen(string)) / 2);
                int x_loc = (half_width - font_size);
            gfx_con_setpos(&g_gfx_con, x_loc, 155);
            gfx_printf(&g_gfx_con, "%ksxos/titles: %kdoes not exist%k", MYBLUE, colour_red, MYBLUE);
            }
      else
          {
              string = "sxos/titles: exists";
              text_centre();
            gfx_con_setpos(&g_gfx_con, x_loc, 155);
            gfx_printf(&g_gfx_con, "%ksxos/titles: %kexists%k", MYBLUE, GREEN, MYBLUE);       
          }

if (f_stat("atmosphere/titles", NULL)) {
            string = "atmosphere/titles: does not exist";
            text_centre();
            gfx_con_setpos(&g_gfx_con, x_loc, 175);
            gfx_printf(&g_gfx_con, "%katmosphere/titles: %kdoes not exist%k", MYBLUE, colour_red, MYBLUE);
            }
      else
          {
              string = "atmosphere/titles: exists";
              text_centre();
            gfx_con_setpos(&g_gfx_con, x_loc, 175);
            gfx_printf(&g_gfx_con, "%katmosphere/titles: %kexists%k", MYBLUE, GREEN, MYBLUE);       
          }
  }
    return 0;
}

Anyway, whatever you decide to do, thanks.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I added a toggle button to argon-nx mod to rename titles folders in both sxos and atmosphere - it works pretty well (handy for booting into 'safe mode' if you have custom themes, patches installed).
Some of Atmosphere's included sysmodules are in its titles folder, won't this cause problems if they're not there?

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Some of Atmosphere's included sysmodules are in its titles folder, won't this cause problems if they're not there?

No, it works just fine - the toggle function just renames the folder - it's very handy if you have a custom theme installed in emunand for example, and then you boot to a different firmware version - where a module or theme makes Atmosphere or SXOS crash - then you can easily rename the folder without needing a computer and continue to use your switch. I didn't release yet as hardly anyone uses the mod - but I can post the source code if you want to build this for yourself.

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry about the delay. Nearly finished.

Had a gum infection and ended up having a tooth removed.
#noanaesthetic

So I was in bed yesterday and today...
Should be finished for tomorrow...

Remember, you can browse from ANYWHERE in this... Not stuck to certain set folders...
Not implemented Screenshot... Not sure on remaining stack space yet.

Menu tags incorrect...
Using Hekate 5.0.0 just not updated tui_menu yet.
SXOS and Atmos headings are the wrong way round too...

Just to give you an idea... Really sorry for the delay! I hope people can use Fusee-UF2 & hekate in the meantime... This runs with NO existing SD card dependencies - so empty card in, and you are away (apart from sleep libraries which we need anyway...) Could add to stack and generate... Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Why use this over Hekate?

No reason at all. But you can browse and do stuff with emunand / emummc without nyx

IMG_20190704_015850[1].jpg
IMG_20190704_015822[1].jpg
IMG_20190704_015753[1].jpg
IMG_20190704_015735[1].jpg

Last edited by mattytrog,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool