Hardware Hacking Trinket m0, PS4 hacking

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
@peteruk

Here's a breadboard version I knocked up for nodemcu esp8266 which I had kicking about, wemos d1 mini uses the same pin D7 to send data to the transistor via the resistor. On the nodemcu esp8266 I am using vin and gnd pins to power that, but wemos d1mini has a 5v in pin instead of vin - so just use that. I used a 2n2222 transistor as this is what I had kicking about. Maybe on other transistors the emitter and collector pins are opposite - if that's the case, just turn the transitor 180 degrees and wire the same as in the picture and it will work.

Here's how it looks on a breadboard, tested and working by me.

Z7nkkzp.png

(D7 to orange wire to Resistor - Transistor Middle leg.)

I did have some issues powering the nodemcu from vcc pin sometimes, but I just needed to unplug the usb from the ps4 and plug the cable directly into the nodemcu - then unplug it and put it back into the small micro usb breadboard and it worked fine - maybe I have a faulty nodemcu, I don't imagine the same issues would occur on the webmos d1mini though.

If you get a "not enough free memory" error on the ps4, just press ok and the page loads automatically - and eventually goldhen loads, no need to unplug when turning off or on the ps4 either as the usb on the drive can't send any data until the exploit is activated.

Last edited by mrdude,
Reactions: peteruk and Mo Poge

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@peteruk

Here's a breadboard version I knocked up for nodemcu esp8266 which I had kicking about, wemos d1 mini uses the same pin D7 to send data to the transistor via the resistor. On the nodemcu esp8266 I am using vin and gnd pins to power that, but wemos d1mini has a 5v in pin instead of vin - so just use that. I used a 2n2222 transistor as this is what I had kicking about. Maybe on other transistors the emitter and collector pins are opposite - if that's the case, just turn the transitor 180 degrees and wire the same as in the picture and it will work.

Here's how it looks on a breadboard, tested and working by me.

Z7nkkzp.png

(D7 to orange wire to Resistor - Transistor Middle leg.)

I did have some issues powering the nodemcu from vcc pin sometimes, but I just needed to unplug the usb from the ps4 and plug the cable directly into the nodemcu - then unplug it and put it back into the small micro usb breadboard and it worked fine - maybe I have a faulty nodemcu, I don't imagine the same issues would occur on the webmos d1mini though.

If you get a "not enough free memory" error on the ps4, just press ok and the page loads automatically - and eventually goldhen loads, no need to unplug when turning off or on the ps4 either as the usb on the drive can't send any data until the exploit is activated.
That looks spot on mate, very good job.

Reactions: kop365 and mrdude

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
For those using webmos d1mini/pro or esp8266 clones. Here's some slighly modded code so that it auto loads goldhen when the browser on the ps4 opens the webpage.

Upload the sketch using Arduino ide then navigate to the access point's admin page and upload the goldhen bin file, for those that already have wifi settings done, it should still have the current settings you already use, for a clean install the IP to use once connected to PS4-Hack access point is 192.168.0.31, admin page is 192.168.0.31/admin.html.

On board led lights up the when you reset or first power up the board, when usb is connected onboard led lights, when usb is disconnected, onboard led goes off - this is handy for debugging.

Here's my "Dongle" without the lid on it:
Gw0NnyZ.jpg

It could be smaller - but it's sitting inside a cabinet anyway so I never see it.

Attachments

• PS4_Server_900u-auto-goldhen.zip
    200.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited by mrdude,
Reactions: peteruk

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For those using webmos d1mini/pro or esp8266 clones. Here's some slighly modded code so that it auto loads goldhen when the browser on the ps4 opens the webpage.

Upload the sketch using Arduino ide then navigate to the access point's admin page and upload the goldhen bin file, for those that already have wifi settings done, it should still have the current settings you already use, for a clean install the IP to use once connected to PS4-Hack access point is 192.168.0.31, admin page is 192.168.0.31/admin.html.

On board led lights up the when you reset or first power up the board, when usb is connected onboard led lights, when usb is disconnected, onboard led goes off - this is handy for debugging.

Here's my "Dongle" without the lid on it:
Gw0NnyZ.jpg

It could be smaller - but it's sitting inside a cabinet anyway so I never see it.

I think you should make more of them, perhaps in different colours. One for each day of the week, plus a spare one ;)

Reactions: kop365 and mrdude

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
I think you should make more of them, perhaps in different colours. One for each day of the week, plus a spare one ;)
Just buy a pi zero w2 + a case.

Cases are cheap as chips on ebay - that would be the easiest option for you - no soldering and you just need to write an image to a micro sd card and you're done.

Reactions: peteruk

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Here's my v2 hub/dongle combo. (I found the hub in a box - so it saved me buying a case and usb ports)

I couldn't get the wemos d1 mini inside the case, so I taped it to the end of the hub. The transistor and resistor is inside the hub, traces for data + line was cut on the usb4 port, then because the traces were very thin - I used enamelled wire (the same you get on a small motor) for that. Drilled a small hole in the end to pass the wires through. All in all it doesn't look too bad and it gives a extra few usb 3.0 ports.

4yg0Bpw.png

Last edited by mrdude,
  • Love
Reactions: Maupiti and peteruk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.