Hacking Trinity questions

eore227

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok just a quick question. I already have a vita on 3.70 that I will later use trinity on. I got apeescape and copied to my computer. Question is if I go buy another vita that is on 3.70. Can I do this whole trinity process on that new vita by transferring the ape escape from my computer to the vita? Any help would be appreciated. I just want to know before I buy a new vita. I guess new vita needs activation? What if it's not but I still have ape escape on my computer

Last edited by eore227,

Vinceherman

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok just a quick question. I already have a vita on 3.70 that I will later use trinity on. I got apeescape and copied to my computer. Question is if I go buy another vita that is on 3.70. Can I do this whole trinity process on that new vita by transferring the ape escape from my computer to the vita? Any help would be appreciated. I just want to know before I buy a new vita. I guess new vita needs activation? What if it's not but I still have ape escape on my computer

if both vita's are going to be logged in on the same account you can hack both vita's using the same file on your PC

if your new vita is going to be on a seperate account you will need to do the whole trinity process again

eore227

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if both vita's are going to be logged in on the same account you can hack both vita's using the same file on your PC

if your new vita is going to be on a seperate account you will need to do the whole trinity process again

Well geez, I guess I haven't used a vita for awhile. If I order a vita and it takes a month to get here and somehow a new firmware is released by then say 3.71. The new vita I bought which is 3.70, I can't use that without updating to 3.71 correct? I need to activate it right? That's why I was wondering since I have ape escape on my computer I can move it to the new vita whenever, even if a new firmware is out.

diggeloid

Alex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well geez, I guess I haven't used a vita for awhile. If I order a vita and it takes a month to get here and somehow a new firmware is released by then say 3.71. The new vita I bought which is 3.70, I can't use that without updating to 3.71 correct? I need to activate it right? That's why I was wondering since I have ape escape on my computer I can move it to the new vita whenever, even if a new firmware is out.

I'm pretty sure that wouldn't work, otherwise you'd be able to pirate games using content manager pretty easily. The Ape Escape game files on your computer are tied to your PSN account. If 3.71 releases before your new Vita arrives, you won't be able to sign in to your account without updating, which means you can't do the exploit.

CTR640

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Once you have installed Trinity, downgrade either to 3.60 and 3.65 and you no longer need the Great Escape game.

You indeed need the Great Escape game if you want to jailbreak another psvita with 3.70 and have to sign in.
I had 3 psvita's all on 3.70 and all required me to activate the game or device otherwise I'm fucked. So instead of that shit, I immediately downgraded to 3.65 to save me lot of headache. And besides, there is no telling in which apps/plugins are working on latest firmware but older is always better and less of a hassle.

eore227

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once you have installed Trinity, downgrade either to 3.60 and 3.65 and you no longer need the Great Escape game.

You indeed need the Great Escape game if you want to jailbreak another psvita with 3.70 and have to sign in.
I had 3 psvita's all on 3.70 and all required me to activate the game or device otherwise I'm fucked. So instead of that shit, I immediately downgraded to 3.65 to save me lot of headache. And besides, there is no telling in which apps/plugins are working on latest firmware but older is always better and less of a hassle.

Yeah thanks for the info. I ordered two vitas from Japan and looks like by end of month for shipping. Both on 3.70 who knows what Sony will do before then with a fw update or pull the game. I thought as long as I can activate the system without updating to new firmware then I can use the apeescspe that I transferred to my computer if the game is pulled. I guess the main thing is can you activate a vita on a old firmware when a new one is out? Change some settings.

CTR640

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah thanks for the info. I ordered two vitas from Japan and looks like by end of month for shipping. Both on 3.70 who knows what Sony will do before then with a fw update or pull the game. I thought as long as I can activate the system without updating to new firmware then I can use the apeescspe that I transferred to my computer if the game is pulled. I guess the main thing is can you activate a vita on a old firmware when a new one is out? Change some settings.
That's pretty shit, I know how you feel. You from the US? Japan is long away from US so I get it it takes that long.
But why ordered from Japan? And have you thought of motherboard with older fw? Once the new update is out, the device will highly likely promt you to install the latest fw and therefore, it will be the same thing again: no other way around to install the hack :/

Last edited by CTR640,

eore227

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Y
That's pretty shit, I know how you feel. You from the US? Japan is long away from US so I get it it takes that long.
But why ordered from Japan? And have you thought of motherboard with older fw? Once the new update is out, the device will highly likely promt you to install the latest fw and therefore, it will be the same thing again: no other way around to install the hack :/

Yeah from the US. They were really nice condition ones and actually cheaper then what was being sold in US, on eBay that is. $120 each for 3g WiFi vitas oled. Well maybe I'll be lucky and somy doesn't patch for awhile

CTR640

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Y

Yeah from the US. They were really nice condition ones and actually cheaper then what was being sold in US, on eBay that is. $120 each for 3g WiFi vitas oled. Well maybe I'll be lucky and somy doesn't patch for awhile
Ah yes, I get that. I bought one vita oled for €150 and this one is very new, never played on it but the seller didn't know anything about it and he updated it and yesterday downgraded it but the condition is very excellent and new. In February I bought one oled verion for €70(!) Condition is very good. Doesn't JP versions have the O and X switched? I hope for you and the others who have the vita later Sony won't patch it or takes longer to patch so you can downgrade to 3.60/3.65.

eore227

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah yes, I get that. I bought one vita oled for €150 and this one is very new, never played on it but the seller didn't know anything about it and he updated it and yesterday downgraded it but the condition is very excellent and new. In February I bought one oled verion for €70(!) Condition is very good. Doesn't JP versions have the O and X switched? I hope for you and the others who have the vita later Sony won't patch it or takes longer to patch so you can downgrade to 3.60/3.65.

Yup the Japan versions the o and x is switched. Yes I also read that if you buy vitas from Japan the people will sometimes update them before they ship them out. Kind of annoying, but probably can tell them not to. Yes I hope Sony doesn't do crap for awhile, at least after I get my vitas.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.