Hacking Trinity Downgrading Question

staroceanz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I just did the trinity exploit and i am able to run henkaku now.

I am only interested to play Vita games especially those with newer firmware and not interested with retro games & other homebrew at all.

Also, I am not quite comfortable to downgrade my Vita though I know it is really safe.

So do I really need to downgrade my Vita as there is a chance that Sony may patch Trinity in future despite the fact that I can run it now?

And I am quite concerned theFlow said "If you don't downgrade your device now, you may lose the ability to launch Trinitylater and therefore not be able to hack your device anymore."

CTR640

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, better be safe than sorry so downgrade either to 3.60 or 3.65. Unlike the ways of jailbreaking 3.60/3.65, you have to activate the device with the psp demo/game and therefore, you must go online and sign in to PSN. So if you lose the hack by reformatting the device or memcard, there is a chance you won't be able to jailbreak it anymore as Sony probably released 3.71 or patched the exploit.

staroceanz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, better be safe than sorry so downgrade either to 3.60 or 3.65. Unlike the ways of jailbreaking 3.60/3.65, you have to activate the device with the psp demo/game and therefore, you must go online and sign in to PSN. So if you lose the hack by reformatting the device or memcard, there is a chance you won't be able to jailbreak it anymore as Sony probably released 3.71 or patched the exploit.

Thanks. Thought about that as well. Will downgrade to 3.60 instead.

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(definitely recommend downgrading to 3.60, but this is device dependant on the lowest firmware it was flashed to at manufacture)

Moduro fan, i'm out the vita hacking scene that was my ticket out, perfect hack for the console.

BTW, coinciding with the release of "trinity" the retropie (raspberry pi) did release a processor speed option for the emulator of lr-pcsx (playstation emulator) which allows you to adjust the speed, I think ppl recommand 75 to 85, to avoid double speed haven't checked into this yet!!!!!! but, you may be able to get "triple speed trinity" if you turn that too high!

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

paulzheng

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hi, I just did the trinity exploit and i am able to run henkaku now.

I am only interested to play Vita games especially those with newer firmware and not interested with retro games & other homebrew at all.

Also, I am not quite comfortable to downgrade my Vita though I know it is really safe.

So do I really need to downgrade my Vita as there is a chance that Sony may patch Trinity in future despite the fact that I can run it now?

And I am quite concerned theFlow said "If you don't downgrade your device now, you may lose the ability to launch Trinitylater and therefore not be able to hack your device anymore."

why not downgread your vita system? after reF00d plugin released. 3.60 hekaku can run all higher system demanded vita games without any repatch or maidump. it can spoof 3.70 to get in PSN server as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: You infidel.