Hacking Trick DS game into thinking a certain GBA game is in slot-2?

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wondering if DS Flash Carts and other things have advanced enough to allow tricking a DS game into thinking there's something in slot-2. My thought was that if this is possible I could tell Mega Man ZX that the usable Zero games are slotted in for those exclusive bosses. Any possibility of this? Even in cheat codes maybe?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
We did have a thread on the matter here
http://gbatemp.net/threads/spoofing-ds-slot-2.457556/

Outside of specific games, fiddling with certain types of GBA flash cart or pointing you at desmume and saying use its GBA slot features I don't really have anything I can point at and say "do this". I cover some of the things on the link so I could see it happening as a simple cheat or ROM hack* but actual worked up hacks are a bit thin on the ground.

*ignoring the games that load saves and pull data from those I am not aware of any that actually look at the game's data and do things with that, to that end there is probably a little statement in the game somewhere that says read GBA cart slot, if header value = one I want then load extras, else carry on as normal, you then change that else to also load the extras (or something that mimics that effect) and it is all good. That could be a description of how you see and do one of the fundamental types of assembly ROM hack (think making infinite ammo or health or lives or something) but again for this specific type of thing there are no examples I can even point to, let alone ones for megaman specifically.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    haddad @ haddad: anyone online can help me with my new 2ds xl please...