ROM Hack Translating...

duduck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, I'm new, and I've already started my reading on the topic by venturing in here (http://gbatemp.net/t73394-gbatemp-rom-hacking-documentation-project-wip), but seeing as I only wish to translate roms, I find that a new thread might be the best place to ask and discuss my project. I intend to translate all NDS Pokémon games (this includes Mystery Dungeon and Ranger series), Tales of games, Phoenix Wright games, and a bunch of other games into a) Portuguese, b) Spanish, c) French. Translations will be done simultaneously, so when they're done, you Portuguese/Spanish/French speakers can enjoy the game at the same time.

That said, would any of you be so kind as to point me in the right direction? I think we could all benefit from my little project here.

Poryhack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure any pokemon game out there will have a Spanish and French translation already, not sure about the rest but they're big names so it wouldn't surprise me if they did too. Portuguese is a lot less common, smaller market and all that.

duduck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well... looks like I'm in for one wild ride, then. And yeah, I do know that there are probably French/Spanish translations for the Pokémon games, but, as I said before, I'm going to be translating a lot more than those. I haven't seen any Tales of games in French or Spanish, so even if there's just a small percentage of people that are going to be using these translations, I'm still going to go through with it, because if at least one person enjoys it, I've done a great job.

Thanks for referring me to that, phoenixgoddess.

duduck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Evo.lve said:
Pmsl if some noob comes along and decides to translate every game ever made into Japanese/English.

Herp derp.

As for the links, thanks, but right now I'm studying up on editing text, already read up on pretty much everything else, from hex to tile setting and sprite editing (even if these are not to be used at all). So far, so good. Probably gonna start doing some minor edits tomorrow and see where that leads me.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Evo.lve said:
phoenixgoddess27 said:
You'd need to learn romhacking or have a romhacker to translate any game.
You can either go to http://romhacking.net/start or ask a romhacker to do the romhacking for you.

The site's a bit out of date, like, SNES era out of date, but it has the basics.

Your point is? It STARTS romhacking on SNES games, without that site, I wouldn't even know romhacking.
That site helped many romhackers become romhackers and it isn't out of date, the latest news was November 2nd.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Evo.lve said:
phoenixgoddess27 said:
You'd need to learn romhacking or have a romhacker to translate any game.
You can either go to http://romhacking.net/start or ask a romhacker to do the romhacking for you.

The site's a bit out of date, like, SNES era out of date, but it has the basics.

Your point is? It STARTS romhacking on SNES games, without that site, I wouldn't even know romhacking.
That site helped many romhackers become romhackers and it isn't out of date, the latest news was November 2nd.

Technology has changed, and all that crap...

Meh, I don't really have a point.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Evo.lve said:
Technology has changed, and all that crap...

Meh, I don't really have a point.

I'm still not quite sure what point you're trying to get to.
SNES romhacking isn't that different from DS romhacking, that's why it's so helpful and gives you a very big headstart on learning.
Give it a try before you judge it, next time.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
You know, I've never done any sort of DS ROM hacking, and have never done any sort of cheat codes past the SNES, and don't even own a DSTwo...
But I managed to use the basics of what I DID know to figure out the DSTwo's SNES CHT format AND program a converter to convert from the BSNES format to it.
http://gbatemp.net/t263128-bsnes-cht-conversion

There's no shortcut to success. You can't hack a ROM without knowing the basics.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: