ROM Hack Translating GBC games

Jatz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all!
I recently imported Doraemon DX-10 for GBC and i want to make a translation patch.
I have hex editors and stuff i just need a guide on how to get the hex editor to show the jap characters and stuff.
Thanks!
Oh and ive tried romhacking.net but i found it confusing and it was mainly for snes and stuff.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
GBC equivalent (OK I use the term a bit more loosely) of no$gba specs for the GBA and DS:
http://nocash.emubase.de/pandocs.htm

Other than that wander on over to the DS hacking sections as the tools and techniques are largely the same (actually they have been more or less the same since rom hacking started). The GBC had some compression but you should be lucky.
Generally if the hex editor does not have Japanese easily available it probably does not support it, crystaltile2 does have such support (and an awesome tile editor to boot).
My guide for GBA and DS:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=73394

Did nothing come of what I am guessing is your work at berberber.com?

Jatz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Haha yeah that was me there
biggrin.gif

I got the translations and stuff for most of the pictures i just didnt know how to hex edit ><
so now i am hoping to do a english patch for it so i can play the game and understand it
biggrin.gif

Ill take a look at your guides and report back.
Thanks!

Jatz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay so i downloaded crystaltile2 from a thread of yours i believe, and i still cannot see the japanese characters.
Do i need to enable a setting or something?
Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: First she gets the clap, then I get the slap?