Transferring System to New 3DS XL Problem

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Wellington2k, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Wellington2k
    OP

Wellington2k DO YOU HAS?

Nov 1, 2010
    United States
    Somewhere in this world of ours
    Hey!

<explanation>
    I just got one of those Majora's Mask New 3DS XLs. I own an old 3DS on 4.2 with all my saves and games that I've download from the eShop. I decided to transfer the data via emunand, since I want to eventually sell the 3DS with that firmware. Well, I don't own a Gateway card, so I chose to do a MT Card emunand so that way I don't have to purchase anything else. But it just so happens that, not only does 9.6 break Gateway's emunand, but it also breaks MT Card's as well (I guess I should have saw that coming). Seeing as MT Card is pretty much dead, I don't expect an update to fix the emunand. At this point, I realized that Gateway is pretty much my only(?) option to transfer from emunand.
    </explanation>

<problem>
    So I now have a Gateway emunand with my real nand inserted into it on 4.2. Now I've hit a dilemma. Not only do I have to wait for Gateway to fix the emunand (which I expect to happen any day now), but I still won't be able to boot into the emunand withput a Gateway card (I'm not interested in purchasing one). One solution would be to borrow a Gateway card from a friend, right? Well, on my campus, only one person owns a 3DS, and he would never purchase a Gateway.
    </problem>

<question>
    So, is there any hope for me to transfer all my saves and games to the New 3DS XL without updating to the latest version and losing its "hackability"?
    </question>

Thanks!

2. sweis12

sweis12 GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 20, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Idk, I just updated my regualr 3ds's sysnand from 4.2 to 9.6, I kind of reget it but now I can use all my games and stuff without issue.

3. Pippin666

Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, Qc
    It is safe to update.

Pip'