Wellington2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey!

<explanation>
I just got one of those Majora's Mask New 3DS XLs. I own an old 3DS on 4.2 with all my saves and games that I've download from the eShop. I decided to transfer the data via emunand, since I want to eventually sell the 3DS with that firmware. Well, I don't own a Gateway card, so I chose to do a MT Card emunand so that way I don't have to purchase anything else. But it just so happens that, not only does 9.6 break Gateway's emunand, but it also breaks MT Card's as well (I guess I should have saw that coming). Seeing as MT Card is pretty much dead, I don't expect an update to fix the emunand. At this point, I realized that Gateway is pretty much my only(?) option to transfer from emunand.
</explanation>

<problem>
So I now have a Gateway emunand with my real nand inserted into it on 4.2. Now I've hit a dilemma. Not only do I have to wait for Gateway to fix the emunand (which I expect to happen any day now), but I still won't be able to boot into the emunand withput a Gateway card (I'm not interested in purchasing one). One solution would be to borrow a Gateway card from a friend, right? Well, on my campus, only one person owns a 3DS, and he would never purchase a Gateway.
</problem>

<question>
So, is there any hope for me to transfer all my saves and games to the New 3DS XL without updating to the latest version and losing its "hackability"?
</question>

Thanks!

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Idk, I just updated my regualr 3ds's sysnand from 4.2 to 9.6, I kind of reget it but now I can use all my games and stuff without issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: you're in a pre-menstral phase