Hacking Transferring saved game data

EJade

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all. I've searched the forums and either I'm the first to ask, or I've missed this question. But recently I bought an R4i gold flash card. I've just did all the updates and whatnot and I was wondering if it is at all possible to transfer my saved game data from my old Acekard to my new R4? I've tried just straight copying anf pasting my game folder from one to the other, but that did not work. The R4 is acting as if there is no old data at all. If I can't transfer, it's understandable. I'm just wondering if I can.

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yes it can, you only have to rename the files correctly. Correct me if I am wrong, but acekard saves it in 'romname.nds.sav' while R4 saves it in 'romname.sav' format. so you can copy the files directly but take the .nds. out of the savefiles name.

EJade

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When viewing the files on my computer from my acecard it's just romname.sav There is no nds inbetween. That is why I tried to just directly copy and paste.

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
my bad, then start one game with you're R4. Then view the files on you're sd card and see if the R4 puts .nds.sav after the save file.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
make sure in windows that u have unchecked the setting under folder options "hide extensions of known file type" as it is checked by default, so u can always see the file extension of all files

EJade

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always have my folder settings to show file extensions. But I doubled checked to make sure. File extensions are still marked as shown. I tried starting a new game on my R4. it shows romname.sav just like how it is on my Acekard. Nevermind! there is a nds.sav file extension. For whatever reasson, it wasn't showin up the first time on my R4! But I fixed it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.