Hacking Transferring DS wifi settings

thejakal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to upgrade to a DSi, and figured I'd do the "transfer system settings" or whatever in the wifi menu. But I want to trade in my old DS to get a credit towards my next purchase. So I have some questions...
Is this transfer really necessary? I figure at least all my win/loss records are tied to the settings, but are my nicknames registered as well?
Do stores let you do this before you give up your trade in? If not, can I back it up to my PC beforehand, without having the second DS?

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thejakal said:
I want to upgrade to a DSi, and figured I'd do the "transfer system settings" or whatever in the wifi menu. But I want to trade in my old DS to get a credit towards my next purchase. So I have some questions...
Is this transfer really necessary? I figure at least all my win/loss records are tied to the settings, but are my nicknames registered as well?
Do stores let you do this before you give up your trade in? If not, can I back it up to my PC beforehand, without having the second DS?

They should allow you to do it. Even if the store's policy says you can't, the person working at the desk would probably still allow you.

You can always go up an ask.

xDlmaoxD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not possible, besides records are nothing.
Half the people hack which is kinna sad.
Just upgrade man, don't worry.
But I never heard of wifi setting transfers before.

Kingfield

Trophies
XP
Country
xDlmaoxD said:
Its not possible, besides records are nothing.
Half the people hack which is kinna sad.
Just upgrade man, don't worry.
But I never heard of wifi setting transfers before.

you don't know what you are talking about.

You can transfer Wi-fi settings.

thejakal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I just asked a store, but now my problem is that the DSi's are all sold out around here. One option is to take a raincheck, but they said to get the full credit of my old DS, I have to trade it in when I place the order...basically giving up my DS for days/weeks and not getting the chance to transfer settings.
If I don't transfer the settings, can I register the same nicknames on a new system? I linked my DS to the nintendo wifi website... Yea, it's kinda lame, but if I have the option, I'd like to keep as much of those records as possible...

Kingfield

Trophies
XP
Country
thejakal said:
Well I just asked a store, but now my problem is that the DSi's are all sold out around here. One option is to take a raincheck, but they said to get the full credit of my old DS, I have to trade it in when I place the order...basically giving up my DS for days/weeks and not getting the chance to transfer settings.
If I don't transfer the settings, can I register the same nicknames on a new system? I linked my DS to the nintendo wifi website... Yea, it's kinda lame, but if I have the option, I'd like to keep as much of those records as possible...
sorry, but theres no way to do that.
unless you have both DSes with yo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.