Hacking Transferring CFW data from one SD card to another

Jawman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just got a different SD card and I plan to upgrade my current card so I can have additional storage. However, how exactly do I get all my files and CFW data to the new card?

Is it as simple as copying all the files over or something else?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it as simple as copying all the files
Yes. This question has been answered many times over. (The only exception is if you have an emuNAND, but no one has used those for a very long time.)

You just have to make sure the new card is properly formatted, and you should definitely test it with h2testw first.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hold SELECT on boot, see if "show nand in system settings" is ticked, if not, tick it.

Enter system settings, if it says SYS 11.X.X.XX-U/E/J it means you're running CFW on sysnand (physical board), copy everything on the SD card to the new SD card. They have to be used on the same console though, it won't work to copy the data and insert it on another 3DS.

If it says EMU it means you're running emunand and you'd need to use a special utility to move over the emunand hidden partition + copying everything to the new SD card once the emunand is inserted on the other SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol looks about as fun as a root canal