Gaming Transfering to new 120gb Xbox HDD

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
At the moment my 20GB is okay but I heard with the new update for the 360, I'll be able to install the games to the Xbox HDD. My question is, if I buy a new 120gb HDD, can I redownload the Xbox Live game or am I better off buying a transfer cable?

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm sure you can redownload it, it isn't like you are changing Consoles so it would still notice you have downloaded said game and let you download it again.

EDIT: Infact, reading this has got me wondering why microsoft made the transfer thingy-ma-bob if you can just redownload the stuff. I'll leave this for another 'Temper to answer.

I'm not 100% sure.

EDIT #2:

Noticed this from the site i linked to:

QUOTE said:
If you have already saved games or stored content on your Xbox 360 Elite system's 120GB hard drive or the Xbox 360 Special Edition 20GB hard drive, those games and that content will be erased during the content transfer. (All preloaded content will remain when the transfer is complete.) Xbox LIVE® Arcade games and other content purchased on Xbox LIVE can be re-downloaded.

EDIT #3:

You can get the cable for free

Nottulys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently got one of those 60gb Xbox 360s, and I cant even play the Games my bro just downloaded on there...it pisses me off, cuz my 20gb never had no problems. Like, he brought his mem card and Gamertag over, and redownloaded some and copied some over its just that Every other account cant access the Games. Any Help?

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you buy a 120GB HDD, it comes with a cable. It switches everything over, so its like nothing ever happened to your box.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK, just so you know, you can redownload your software but it gets deleted as soon as you turn off the console. If you transfer it, you won't have this problem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.