Hardware Transfering internal HD to new HD question.

defrb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So, i bought a 500gb hd for my ps3. What is the best way to transfer my files? When i put in the new 500GB, it want me to download a firmware wich it will install. Is there a program wich could manage this or do i need to transfer the system threw ftp? I got custom firmware and multiman installed did not yet install dlc and stuff on internal hd so it's no problem to begin with a clean system. (but hopefully i can keep my hacked ps3, would not like it to start all over again)

Thanks for anyone hwo can clarify this ;)

Last edited by defrb,

Lmaokernel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, i bought a 500gb hd for my ps3. What is the best way to transfer my files? When i put in the new 500GB, it want me to download a firmware wich it will install. Is there a program wich could manage this or do i need to transfer the system threw ftp? I got custom firmware and multiman installed did not yet install dlc and stuff on internal hd so it's no problem to begin with a clean system. (but hopefully i can keep my hacked ps3, would not like it to start all over again)

Thanks for anyone hwo can clarify this ;)
Do you have another usb drive? Just use the built in backup feature in system settings, swap the hdds. It will require you to reinstall the firmware you're already on, restore the backup from system settings and you're good

Sent from my toaster running Rebug

Reactions: defrb

defrb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Do you have another usb drive? Just use the built in backup feature in system settings, swap the hdds. It will require you to reinstall the firmware you're already on, restore the backup from system settings and you're good

Sent from my toaster running Rebug

Yes, got an external hd connected.

Just to be sure, i need to backup current CFW, install the official firmware (from disc i suppose?) and after that i can replace it with the CFW backup?
Don't want to mess up ^^

Is there no way to copy the files from my old ps3 to the new one, for example with multiman or ftp?

Thanks for answering ;)

Last edited by defrb,

defrb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It wont accept REBUG_4.81.2_REX_91c2d41c0629445839f5addd6a52f869_PS3UPDAT.pup

Anyone? Do i need to install OFW and then restore the backup data? It say it only backup the savedata, so i'm not sure if i get my cfw back..

Last edited by defrb,

defrb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Got it fixed, i forgot to rename the CFW to PS3UPDAT.pup. If anyone else run into these troubles, this will fix that ;)

:solved:

Thanks for help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."