Hacking Transfering CFW to another SD

Rail Fighter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
How this should be done?

I've tried just copying and pasting the files from one SD to another, but the best I could get was a white screen when trying to boot.

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You have to extract the emunand from the SD and then reinjet it in the new sd. The emunand is in the unallocated part of the sd, starting fron sector 1.

You have touse dd on linux to extract it(search in the forum for more info), or a port of it on windows (i.e. bbcopy). For injecting the emunand you can use emunandtool after adding the initial dummy sector as you did when you started installing the cfw injecting the nand.bin in the GW emunend (with dragemunandhere.bat).

The right sequence is:
- extract emunand
- backup sd content
- prepare new sd with gateway (format emnand)
- inject the cfw in new sd with emunand tool after adding the dummy sector
-copy backuped sd content on new sd
-done -> launch your new CFW

Rail Fighter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
You have to extract the emunand from the SD and then reinjet it in the new sd. The emunand is in the unallocated part of the sd, starting fron sector 1.

You have touse dd on linux to extract it(search in the forum for more info), or a port of it on windows (i.e. bbcopy). For injecting the emunand you can use emunandtool after adding the initial dummy sector as you did when you started installing the cfw injecting the nand.bin in the GW emunend (with dragemunandhere.bat).

The right sequence is:
- extract emunand
- backup sd content
- prepare new sd with gateway (format emnand)
- inject the cfw in new sd with emunand tool after adding the dummy sector
-copy backuped sd content on new sd
-done -> launch your new CFW
Thanks, I will try this. So, I also need to format the old SD to make it fresh again.

ChrisX930

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks, I will try this. So, I also need to format the old SD to make it fresh again.

You could possibly try this:
- Backup your SD Card with Win32DiskImager (hidden partition and Fat32 Partition will be saved in a bin file)
- Restore your Backup on the new SD Card with Win32DiskImager
- If you want to use a bigger SD Card than before, resize the Fat32 Partition after restore with EaseUS Partition Master or something else
- You copied your whole SD Card (RedNAND CFW + your Apps, Cias etc) to the new SD Card without need to format the new SD Card (y)

Rail Fighter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
You could possibly try this:
- Backup your SD Card with Win32DiskImager (hidden partition and Fat32 Partition will be saved in a bin file)
- Restore your Backup on the new SD Card with Win32DiskImager
- If you want to use a bigger SD Card than before, resize the Fat32 Partition after restore with EaseUS Partition Master or something else
- You copied your whole SD Card (RedNAND CFW + your Apps, Cias etc) to the new SD Card without need to format the new SD Card (y)
This is actually simpler for me. I'm reading the image right now.

Thanks for the help!

Reactions: ChrisX930

Mordash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
OK after reading this I think am in trouble now..
I have a New 3DS XL running CFW. I needed the SD card for something so I copied the content in my PC. Now when I copied it back to the SD and put it back the 3DS starts but cannot read the card. Same thing happens when I insert it empty.
Is there a way to have it working again? I have a copy of the SD content, also the files9 folder during CFW setup process.
I don't have save files that I care about. All I need is to get it running CFW again.
Any help will be much appreciated.

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK after reading this I think am in trouble now..
I have a New 3DS XL running CFW. I needed the SD card for something so I copied the content in my PC. Now when I copied it back to the SD and put it back the 3DS starts but cannot read the card. Same thing happens when I insert it empty.
Is there a way to have it working again? I have a copy of the SD content, also the files9 folder during CFW setup process.
I don't have save files that I care about. All I need is to get it running CFW again.
Any help will be much appreciated.
Do you use emunand, or A9LH in sysnand?
If it's the second one, then you'll only need arm9loaderhax.bin in order to make it work. Try formating your SD card to see if it works better that way (in fat32).
If it's the first, it may be more complicated.

Reactions: Mordash

Mordash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Do you use emunand, or A9LH in sysnand?
If it's the second one, then you'll only need arm9loaderhax.bin in order to make it work. Try formating your SD card to see if it works better that way (in fat32).
If it's the first, it may be more complicated.
Thank you so much for the quick reply.
I am not sure what am using, but in the settings it shows Sys11.2.0-35E so that means Sysnand right?
The SD card has the file arm9loaderhax.bin and boot.3dsx already in it. Should I replace it in case if it's corrupted?
I tried formatting the SD card to Fat32 using 32KB allocation units already.
Any idea?

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much for the quick reply.
I am not sure what am using, but in the settings it shows Sys11.2.0-35E so that means Sysnand right?
The SD card has the file arm9loaderhax.bin and boot.3dsx already in it. Should I replace it in case if it's corrupted?
I tried formatting the SD card to Fat32 using 32KB allocation units already.
Any idea?
It seems like your SD card may be broken. If you have something in /luma/payloads, try executing it (it should start with the bottom it name says). If it works, the your SD card is working fine and I won't know what's your problem.

Mordash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It seems like your SD card may be broken. If you have something in /luma/payloads, try executing it (it should start with the bottom it name says). If it works, the your SD card is working fine and I won't know what's your problem.
Well I have the start_Hourglass9.bin, if I recall preperly I need to start or select during boot to run it?
But you may be right coz I did some manipulations on the SD including multiple partitions, but I deleted all partitions using a partitioning tool.
Is there anyway I can fix it or at least check if it fine?
So in theory if I just copy all my old files in a Fat32 SD card and put it in my 3DS it should work?
To be honest I did this before with 2DS and it worked fine. But this is the first time I try it with the New 3DS XL.
Thanks.

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I have the start_Hourglass9.bin, if I recall preperly I need to start or select during boot to run it?
But you may be right coz I did some manipulations on the SD including multiple partitions, but I deleted all partitions using a partitioning tool.
Is there anyway I can fix it or at least check if it fine?
So in theory if I just copy all my old files in a Fat32 SD card and put it in my 3DS it should work?
To be honest I did this before with 2DS and it worked fine. But this is the first time I try it with the New 3DS XL.
Thanks.
Yes, if you copy all in a new SD, it should work.

Mordash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, if you copy all in a new SD, it should work.
Thanks that's a big relief.
I will try a few things and let you know.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

OK good news it's working again :)
It was the SD card indeed, what I did is reformat the Sd card using the tool recommended by Nintendo:
http://en-americas-support.nintendo...20/~/how-to-format-an-sd-card-or-microsd-card
Now I can resume playing SSB :)
Thanks a lot Bedel your inputs really helped.
Cheers!

Reactions: Bedel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: