Hacking Transfering Accounts Question

Alnilam81

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, I have an old 3DS XL I just put CFW on without issue. This was an old system which I transfered my account from to a New 3DS XL when they came out and haven't really used since. I know I should now be able to use that old 3DS XL to install CFW on my main New XL. My new XL has my Nintendo account on it, how do I go about doing the transfer? Can I just use the account free old XL and transfer as it is to the new XL and then restore my NNID back onto the new XL once done? Also do I need to make a throw away NNID on the old XL to buy one of the needed eShop games? What state will it leave the old XL in, can I just start using again with no account or a new account, or do I need to do more?

Additionally what are the risks to my NNID, does a 3DS ban kill the whole account or just a device, I have Switch purchases I don't really want to risk?

Hope that makes sense, basically what's the best way to manage the NNID if do it with a New XL (using NNID) and a CFW enabled Old XL (no NNID)?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
You don't need an account to buy the game. You can format the N3DS to deactivate the NNID, transfer, then sign back in. You'll be able to redownload purchases but your data will be gone. The old 3DS will be formatted like new, but you can restore the SD card data and NAND backup and it will be like it was sans NNID.
3DS bans don't affect Switch. There are multiple types of bans, there's an NNID ban and various console bans. The recent ban wave was a light console ban.

Reactions: Alnilam81

Alnilam81

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, thanks for the info, i've just gone ahead with it and finishing up, everything seems good!

Is there any info on what seemed to trigger the bans?

Reactions: Quantumcat

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, thanks for the info, i've just gone ahead with it and finishing up, everything seems good!

Is there any info on what seemed to trigger the bans?
No one knows for sure, current accepted advice is to go into System Settings -> Internet Settings -> Spotpass -> disable sending of system information

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof