Transfer to New 3DS on 9.8?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Larsenv, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Larsenv
    OP

Larsenv RiiConnect24 Developer

Sep 28, 2013
    United States
    Texas
    Is it possible for me to do a System Transfer on my New 3DS that I just got that is on 9.8?

I just got Browserhax working on this, I just want to know if I can use something like HANS to spoof the firmware.

If not, is there any alternatives?

Thanks.

2. yodenny

yodenny Member

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    if your moving all your stuff to a new 3ds than youll be forced to update since you have to be logged in nintendo and both systems need to be up to date unless there is an alternative that i dont know of

3. MsMidnight

MsMidnight part time fe modder

Oct 12, 2015
    kys
    Why would you system transfer

4. Larsenv
    OP

Larsenv RiiConnect24 Developer

Sep 28, 2013
    United States
    Texas
    Thanks.

I'm just gonna use the System Transfer.

I already updated.

5. TamDanny

TamDanny GBATemp 3DS Fanatic

Aug 20, 2015
    Mexico
    It was possible before with a bit of hex editing, but thanks to the new 10.3 update, it's not possible because it requires you to sign in to your NNID (which checks your FW for the nver value).
    In simpler words, there are currently no methods to use the System Transfer app without updating both systems.
    If you want to continue using homebrew, you'll need to use Ninjhax, OoThax (make sure to inject the edited save file before transferring or use a save dongle), or Ironhax (requires pre-patched Ironfall, and it is safe to transfer the game but payloads must be updated beforehand).

Last edited by TamDanny, Dec 6, 2015