Transfer system (SD Card) to new switch.

Kallim

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm just wondering... I'm selling my banned switch. I have another. If I transfer the same SD card across then remove the old emmunand, then setup a new one. Then install games (ticket only). Will this transfer my saves and will my games work as they're already there? And finally will retroach work?

I'm then assuming I'd need a new nand backup and run lockpick? And maybe an atmosphere update then job done??

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why don't you just export all your game saves from the old Switch, then after setting up the new Switch and installed the games, import the saves. I use JKSV and that app allows exporting all saves in one operation. I've never done or looked into what you're thinking about doing, but I know that each console has a unique key to authenticate games/apps/saves, and perhaps transferring emunand to a different console is possible somehow, but seems more complicated and probably requires a few tools to accomplish. Others may chime in though.

Kallim

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why don't you just export all your game saves from the old Switch, then after setting up the new Switch and installed the games, import the saves. I use JKSV and that app allows exporting all saves in one operation. I've never done or looked into what you're thinking about doing, but I know that each console has a unique key to authenticate games/apps/saves, and perhaps transferring emunand to a different console is possible somehow, but seems more complicated and probably requires a few tools to accomplish. Others may chime in though.
I'm not transferring the nand. I want to setup the switch with a new emmunand and effectively leave the copy of the game on my SD card then reinstall ticket only (I download my games so this would be miles faster). I did wonder about the keys. I thought cfw meant you didn't need digital the signing key for the game. You'd need the consoles to install ticket only so I think in theory that will work.

But will with the save? I think the saves are attached to the and or keys? So I may not just be able to drag and drop. Tinfoil has a backup manager built in so I could use that if it won't just transfer.

Another problem is how many redundant files are left on the SD card in terms of saves etc. But I'm assuming (dangerous thing) these get deleted when you delete the old nand?

All my retroarch and lakka stuff should just work. I'm not 100% on the switch stuff.

I can do it the other way save and redownload everything. This is just quicker if someone can confirm it works?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just wondering... I'm selling my banned switch. I have another. If I transfer the same SD card across then remove the old emmunand, then setup a new one. Then install games (ticket only). Will this transfer my saves and will my games work as they're already there? And finally will retroach work?

I'm then assuming I'd need a new nand backup and run lockpick? And maybe an atmosphere update then job done??
You can't transfer the SD card to another console since the Nintendo folder is console-specific.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.