Transfer R4 save to M3i Zero?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by unopepito06, Oct 4, 2009.

Oct 4, 2009
  1. unopepito06
    OP

Newcomer unopepito06 Advanced Member

United States
    Hey guys:

I'm still using an original R4, but I have decided to upgrade to a DSi and an M3i Zero (I want the dsiware games), however, the thought just hit me a few minutes ago: can I transfer my R4 .SAVs to the M3i Zero? What format does it use for its saves? I read that the M3 Real uses .0, and you can just rename the files to .0 and everything will run fine. However, I don't know if I can do the same thing with the M3i Zero.

I'd appreciate any help, as I'm getting the DSi now, and am ready to order the M3i Zero right now for arrival in the next couple of days. There's just no way for me to know except to actually have one in my hand to test, or to ask someone who owns one.

Thank you!

PS I know I'm a new guy but I intend on being very active in these forums, and I generally know what to do in a situation, and don't ask many noob questions.

2. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
  3. unopepito06
    OP

United States
    Awesome! Many thanks.

4. gibberish

Member gibberish GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    im in exactly the same situation as unopepito06 (except i already have my dsi, just not the m3i zero yet) so thanks for this info [​IMG]

5. unopepito06
    OP

United States
    I'm in the exact same boat now: sitting on the dsi waiting for the M3i. It should come tommorrow... can't wait!

6. Chris_Skylock

Member Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Philippines
    Im from the R4 user and I used all my save files to the Acekard with no problem. Used the same save file to the M3i using only 1 microSDHC card.

7. fearofshorts

Member fearofshorts GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Not to offend you, but we were all new to this at one point... you do know that there aren't any DSiware backups, right? I'm just saying that you will have to buy them legitimately.
    Sorry if I misunderstood you, just wanted to make sure that you're on the same page as us.

BTW, welcome to GBATemp!

8. YottaByte

Newcomer YottaByte Advanced Member

United States
    On shunyweb, the m3 DS real files are .0... and the m3 simply .sav files won't work on my m3izero [​IMG]

9. BlackDave

Member BlackDave Official GBATemp "Cleanup Guy"

United States
    I went from EDGE to ACEKARD 2i to EZ FLASH Vi Plus to M3i Zero and I lost a few saves (I'd say 5% over (~95 games) but not the very important one.

The one that got corrupted during each transfer was TWEWY....