Transfer Pokemon - Black and White

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Moose13, Jun 14, 2011.

Jun 14, 2011
  1. Moose13
    OP

Member Moose13 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    OK, hopefully this is a simple question. I do not play these games so I have no idea what this means, but my 7 Y.O. is having a problem.

He can trade Pokemon with his friend on Gold and Silver, but he can't do it on Black and White.
    My son is playing on Acekard and his friend is playing on an official cart.

Is he doing something wrong, or you can't trade this way on Black and White?

2. TheDreamLord

Member TheDreamLord GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Ireland
    4th Gen cannot trade with Pokemon Black and White, you can only transfer pokemon which you need two ds's. Also an acekard CANNOT send pokemon from heart gold, soulsilver, platinum, diamond or pearl as nintendo have made it impossible.

3. Rogue_Ninja

Member Rogue_Ninja GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I was able to transfer 4th gen POKEMON to black using a supercard ds2 on dsi and heart gold on regular ds.

4. Moose13
    OP

United States
    I don't know what 4th gen means. All I know is that he can trade pokemon in gold, silver and earlier, but can't trade in black and white.

5. AngeloftheNight0

Newcomer AngeloftheNight0 Member

Canada
    4th Generation Games include : Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold and Soul Silver.
    As it is you cannot trade the Pokemon into Pokemon Black and White. Instead there is a feature that lets you transfer the pokemon over.. It is similar to what pal park was for the gameboy advanced games to 4th generation games mentioned above.

For more information on how to use this transfer feature, this link should inform you more information : http://serebii.net/blackwhite/poketransfer.shtml

6. Hazard7

Member Hazard7 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Moose are you saying that your 7 year old cannot trade Pokemon on Pokemon Black or White on his Acekard and his friend Pokemon Black or White retail card?

Or you mean your 7 year old trading Pokemon from Pokemon HeartGold or SoulSilver to his friend Pokemon Black or White?

I can trade Pokemon with Pokemon White on my Acekard 2i on my DSi XL to my Pokemon White retail card on my 3DS perfectly.

7. Moose13
    OP

United States
    Yes, This.

8. Hazard7

Member Hazard7 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    It should work perfectly as I did mention I already trade mine. Is the Acekard 2i updated with new fimware and AKAIO 1.8.7? Also make sure they both turn on their wireless communication (yellow light on the ds) in order to trade wirelessly. (Not sure if that is needed as I know it use InfraRed for trading)

9. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Backup everything on the SD card, do a full format of the the SD card, re-download a clean version of AKAIO 1.8.7 put it on the SD card, and re-transfer your games and saves. If this does not solve the problem, re-download the Pokémon ROM from another source. You should not be having any problem trading between games.

Edit: Make sure you are both using wireless and not infrared.

10. Fishaman P

Member Fishaman P Speedrunner

United States
    Yeah, make sure any DSi's have Wireless Communications enabled and that DS Download Play is enabled for the Black/White ROM.
    Oh, and you can't do it through Infrared.

11. Moose13
    OP

United States
    Thanks, I'll tell him to try again. He does it on gold/gold no problem, so I didn't know why white/white is a problem

12. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Make sure the B/W rom is not corrupted somehow.
    My friend had that problem with HeartGold back then and trying another rom fixed the problem.

13. Fudou Akio

Newcomer Fudou Akio Member

Singapore
    Re-download the game and rename the save to its name.. backup both and redownload akaio... format your micro SD and copy/move everything back

14. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Fixed.
    (No, seriously. Don't go promoting piracy.)