Homebrew Transfer mii's to other 3ds?

royyy4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So, yeah i am kind of a bit new to this, let me explain my question.

I have 1 old 3ds LumaCFW
I have 1 NEW 3ds LumaCFW
I couldn't find anything about transferring mii's to my NEW 3ds, so that my NEW 3ds will say that the mii's are made by my NEW 3ds, while in face they are made by my OLD 3ds. Is there a way that i copy all mii's with a homebrew app or something so i can set them on my new 3ds?

Thanks in advance!

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I'd also be interested in something like this, OP.

I'm actually quite disappointed that nobody has made any Mii-related homebrew besides the ability to give your Mii's gold pants.

MarioMasta64

hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States

I have 1 old 3ds LumaCFW
I have 1 NEW 3ds LumaCFW
I couldn't find anything about transferring mii's to my NEW 3ds, so that my NEW 3ds will say that the mii's are made by my NEW 3ds, while in face they are made by my OLD 3ds. Is there a way that i copy all mii's with a homebrew app or something so i can set them on my new 3ds?

Thanks in advance!
im going to test something (backing up data from "EDIT" and changing the main mii and restoring the save data to see if it changes back)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have 1 old 3ds LumaCFW
I have 1 NEW 3ds LumaCFW

Thanks in advance!
success, just run jksm -> system titles -> mii maker -> export system save & export extdata & export boss extdata (type a name for the save on the touch screen and press (a) as there is no enter on the keyboard) -> exit and move sd to new 3ds -> jksm -> system titles -> mii maker -> import system save & import extdata & import boss save (load the name you chose)

Reactions: Zidapi

royyy4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
im going to test something (backing up data from "EDIT" and changing the main mii and restoring the save data to see if it changes back)

success, just run jksm -> system titles -> mii maker -> export system save & export extdata & export boss extdata (type a name for the save on the touch screen and press (a) as there is no enter on the keyboard) -> exit and move sd to new 3ds -> jksm -> system titles -> mii maker -> import system save & import extdata & import boss save (load the name you chose)

I will test this out in about an hour, i'll let you know if it worked!

MarioMasta64

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
When i try to export it sais error opening save archive Mhm. I Do i have the wrong version of jksm? all options i had was export savedata, import savedata, export exdata and import exdata
it worked correctly for me, have you saved a mii in mii maker?

When i try to export it sais error opening save archive Mhm. I Do i have the wrong version of jksm? all options i had was export savedata, import savedata, export exdata and import exdata
if youre trying to import you have to have opened it and create a mii (as to make a save archive) or it wont work

MarioMasta64

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
wait i think i have the wrong one, i downloaded the 3dsx jksm i am now trying the cia one
yea, thats the one i used (cia)

wait i think i have the wrong one, i downloaded the 3dsx jksm i am now trying the cia one
also i left two post replies so read the second

royyy4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yea, thats the one i used (cia)

also i left two post replies so read the second

Ok so the export worked, but the import sais system may not use them! and if i try to export on the new 3ds it says the same thing, i made 2 mii's on the new 3ds

royyy4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
have you created a mii before importing?
Wait it worked! apperently i had to delete a file named nand in the jksm folder on the 3ds, the import was succesfull but i still have the mii's i made on the new 3ds ?

have you created a mii before importing?

If i hover over the mii app on the 3ds, the picture says MII MAKER TM and with below the mii's, the pictures of my old 3ds mii's are there, but if i click it the aren't. Could it be because me old 3ds is EUR and my new 3ds is USA ?

MarioMasta64

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Wait it worked! apperently i had to delete a file named nand in the jksm folder on the 3ds, the import was succesfull but i still have the mii's i made on the new 3ds ?

If i hover over the mii app on the 3ds, the picture says MII MAKER TM and with below the mii's, the pictures of my old 3ds mii's are there, but if i click it the aren't. Could it be because me old 3ds is EUR and my new 3ds is USA ?
likely, however mii's should just appear, and the nand file is the title list stuff specific to the system, just rescan titles (i forget what its called in-app)

royyy4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
likely, however mii's should just appear, and the nand file is the title list stuff specific to the system, just rescan titles (i forget what its called in-app)
Awesome!!!! i figured out a way to make it work, i extracted the share data (Opened JKSM -> Shared ExtData -> F000000B -> Extract) And i imported it on my N3ds and IT WORKED! all my mii's from my old 3ds are back, thanks for helping me figure out how to do it!

Edit: Jayro, in case you needed this, i quoted you too!

I'd also be interested in something like this, OP.

I'm actually quite disappointed that nobody has made any Mii-related homebrew besides the ability to give your Mii's gold pants.

Look at my last post

MarioMasta64

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Awesome!!!! i figured out a way to make it work, i extracted the share data (Opened JKSM -> Shared ExtData -> F000000B -> Extract) And i imported it on my N3ds and IT WORKED! all my mii's from my old 3ds are back, thanks for helping me figure out how to do it!

Look at my last post
good ^-^ as i often switch systems i always make backups of titles and saves every so often. and theyre is an application for gold pants.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States

Look at my last post
But won't your method over-write my current Miis? Or does it just add the Miis to my Mii gallery?

MarioMasta64

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I feel stupid as fuck now... I forgot you could do that. :P
this method is specifically to transfer the main mii to the other system as a main mii (as qr codes dont allow it) along with the other miis to say the system owns the miis. not to add them. thats what the qr codes are for ;P

Reactions: Zidapi and Jayro

AndreAR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
press (a) as there is no enter on the keyboard
I want to do that in a o3ds that his touch is broken, this tutorial is useful for me, excepting, the keyboard, is there any way to skip the keyboard and proceed with the tutorial? Thanks in advice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and idk if something will happen to my ps3 if i connect it to wifi with hen activated
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I remember when the Atari 2600 was new and exciting lol
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient