ROM Hack Transfer cias from 3ds back to pc

boysd0ntcry

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, sorry if this is the wrong place.
I have downloaded a pokemon emerald.cia onto my cfw 3ds and have been playing it these past few weeks.
I am wanting to play the game on my PC - is there a way to transfer that save back onto my PC?
I have luma, homebrew launcher, fbi, checkpoint (although I can't see the game in checkpoint)
Thanks

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi there, sorry if this is the wrong place.
I have downloaded a pokemon emerald.cia onto my cfw 3ds and have been playing it these past few weeks.
I am wanting to play the game on my PC - is there a way to transfer that save back onto my PC?
I have luma, homebrew launcher, fbi, checkpoint (although I can't see the game in checkpoint)
Thanks
That's because Pokémon Emerald version is a GBA game. Then, Checkpoint (or JKSM) doesn't work with that.

Use in change this GM9 script: https://github.com/TurdPooCharger/GBAVCSM

Reactions: Alexander1970

azazeldeath

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Use this guide to backup your GBA VC save, to get into godmode you have to power off your 3DS, Press and hold the Start button and then press the power button to turn it on.

3ds.hacks.guide godmode9-usage#backup-gba-vc-saves (had to remove some parts of this url as I cannot post them at the moment due to first post, made the account just to reply to this, just replace the space between guide and godmode with "/ ")

Once you have copied the file onto your PC use mGBA, load the Pokemon Emerald rom. Then "Load Temporary Save" select your save file you copied over from your 3DS, select continue from the pokemon start screen. Now you want to create a "Save State" (Shift +F10) once its saved close and reopen mGBA, load your rom again, then load your save state. Once its loaded save the game through the ingame menu.

This will make it so it actually saves your progress like usual. You can then also transfer the save back to your 3DS if you want by following the guide above.

Just make sure you test to make sure it saves properly before you do anything major. Even if its just entering a building to make sure you know for 100% certain that its saving. As you can get caught out by the temp load feature after you first import a save.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.