Trade Pokemon

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Hazard7, Apr 9, 2011.

Apr 9, 2011

Trade Pokemon by Hazard7 at 12:23 AM (1,157 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Hazard7
    OP

Member Hazard7 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Hi I was thinking buying a real Pokemon White cart soon and my question is this: Let's just say I caught a Pokemon legally (let say like a Charmander) on Pokemon White (AK2i) by using the Wild Pokemon Modifier AR code and when I trade a Pokemon from the real cart to ak2i cart to find out the Secret ID with PokeSav. I am planning to edit Charmander by using the same Trainer ID and Secret ID from the real cart (nothing else like editing the stats or moveset because I don't want it ruin my game) so it is legal enough to trade this edited Charmander from my Pokemon White (AK2i) to the real cart of Pokemon White so I can prove that this Charmander is actually caughted on the real cart, not on the ak2i flashcart?

PS I know it kinda sound silly but I wanted to be reasonable with my game. [​IMG]

Also is there anything else that need to edit a Pokemon to make it legit for the real cart?

2. KazoWAR

Member KazoWAR GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Trading from a flashcard or emulator to a real game is no different than trading with 2 real games.

3. Hazard7
    OP

United Kingdom
    What do you mean KazoWAR?

Can anyone answer my question?

4. ThriLL

Newcomer ThriLL Advanced Member

United States
    Or you can find a sav file at filetrip that has all pokes, breed for an egg, then trade the egg to your regular cart. Problem solved. This is what I do. Hell you can even fix the IVs of the parents via sav so when you breed them, you'll get a baby poke with awesome IVs.

5. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    You don't need to edit anything for it to look legal, as long as the Pokémon you caught can be found at that location without cheating.

6. Hazard7
    OP

United Kingdom

I don't know anything about IV's but is there good guide about this? So I can learn more on breeding Pokemon with better IV's.

7. ThriLL

Newcomer ThriLL Advanced Member

United States
    http://www.psypokes.com/lab/ivguide.php

Don't edit the baby's IVs though. edit the Parents' that you'll use to breed, some of the IVs will then be passed down. If you edit the baby's, you'll need to edit it's PID as well, which is complicated. If you hatch it on your regular cart, it will obtain a PID on its own, and will be counted as legit. I have a hard time explaining so just read the guide lol.

8. DarkStriker

Member DarkStriker GBAtemp's Kpop lover!

Norway
    As far as i know. IF you caught a charmander, then its illegal becasue its impossible to catch it, unless its breeded or picked as a starter from pokemon leaf green/fire red. The only way to get a legal starter charmander is to download the .pkm file for charmander at projectpokemon and then run that file through the PokeTransfer program made by KazoWAR posted at projectpokemon and then use pokesav/pokegen(recommended) to insert the .pkm file in to the storage box and then you take it out of the pokemon box inside the game and transfer it to your real cart.

As for IV breeding
    http://www.smogon.com/ingame/guides/breeding_guide_part1
    This is a detailed and text heavy guide on how to do it. If you breed on the B/W editing the IV and EV does NOT require you to change the PID of the pokemon. In B/W the PID is only for ability, nature and shiny.