Trade in Price?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Shadowlurker, Jul 10, 2011.

Jul 10, 2011

Trade in Price? by Shadowlurker at 4:40 PM (803 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Shadowlurker
    OP

Member Shadowlurker GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Ive gotten bored of my 3DS and the small support, pricey OLD games and low quality game at the moment i thought its best to sell it, Anyone know the best Trade in price for the UK?

Thinking of getting an Xbox 360 again if i do indeed decide to sell it.

2. xxteargodxx

Member xxteargodxx GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I wouldn't recommend trading in your 3DS to a store. A store will ALWAYS give you a lot less money for it rather than selling directly to someone say from this site or even craigs list.

The reason a store would offer you a cheap price is because they need to resell it and make a profit themselves, don't trade in!

3. boktor666

Member boktor666 Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!

Netherlands
    What you can do is try to gather 100 posts, and offering it for sale in the WTS trading section of the GBAtemp forums. There's always somebody who's willing to buy it here.

You can also try places like e-bay. It's just what you think is best. Never sell to stores, they will always give you less money then it's actual trade in worth.

4. Blaze163

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    Depends on the condition of the system, what games you have with it, etc. Just for lols I asked what my games are worth in my local GAME store. They'd give me £25 each for Zelda or DOA, and £15 for Mercs ('cause of the save file thing). The system itself in good condition, boxed like new with the AR cards and everything, you could probably sell it privately for a good £170 if you played your cards right, maybe even more. Identify an area where supply is low and demand is high and you name your price.

5. muckers

Member muckers GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    GAME match any trade in price at the minute, and Gamestation beat by £1. You'll always get more for store credit than for cash, too.

Best bet is to sell on eBay or here on the forum. You'll get way more.

6. Blaze163

United Kingdom
    What games you got for it?

7. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    Why sell it so soon? You are going to miss out when the good games come in, anyways as what has been said before dont sell it to game or gamestation or they will rip you off.

8. Shadowlurker
    OP

Member Shadowlurker GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Well the only game i have now is LOZ 3D, becuase it and a few other games were the only reason i brought one, but the other games by the looks of it wont be coming out this year. So i have no more need of it.

Its condition is pratically new as i only got it about 3 months ago.

9. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    Your best bet is eBay, as most game stores will rip you off.

Also, there will be a lot of great games next year. Maybe just put it somewhere safe for a while?

10. Youkai

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    yeah sell it privately to friends or whatever, in shops you really get like nothing normaly.
    Especially with a new system like this you could get rather close to the original price if its in perfect shape.

11. Blaze163

United Kingdom
    You know...and bear with me here 'cause this might sound like an outrageous idea...you could just wait until those games you want to show up. The system's not gonna dissolve with age, you know. It's not a sandwich. It just looks like one.