Toukiden - Hacking and Translating

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by 1NSaNe, Mar 18, 2014.

1. 1NSaNe
    OP

1NSaNe Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2014
    i still doing this.. but i have less time now, im sorry! should i release a pre-patch or something? is my first project..

2. Cursed Kaiser

Cursed Kaiser Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2013
    yes you should release a pre-patch of it. that is a good thing for sure... monster hunter portable 3rd on it's earlier days only has a partial english patch of it and it was still playable.... there are also online guides of Toukiden like the one on MHKITA, your english patch even it is a partial one is gonna be a BIG help

3. john032194

john032194 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2014
    Philippines
    a translation of at least the items (weapons, armors, usables, farm items) is good enough, including story is better but its your choice.

4. gwapogi187

gwapogi187 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2014
    yes please. i want to try it even if its not complete yet

5. ZackHD

ZackHD Member

Newcomer
    May 7, 2014
    Gambia, The
    A Pre-Patch will be Nice and helping much.
    The Fact is ur alone on this and dont have much time now so a Pre-patch will give us a chance to better understand the game and play it x3

Like the Lang Patches from Monster Hunter~

6. goth2191

goth2191 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2014
    Colombia
    Actually, I only can say... Thanks so much!!!! and Good Luck with the project!! Is good to see that someone cares about the psp version n.n

7. Belmont012

Belmont012 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2014
    Thank you for translating this game! Looking forward to this project ^^

8. planetofthemage

planetofthemage Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2008
    United States
    I made the same mistake, but apparently it's Toukiden Kiwami. (The kun reading instead of the on reading.)
    But if you guys need a translator, I will do it. I want to keep a bit more of the Japaneseness in the game, and after playing it in both languages, the english is awful.

9. amj530

amj530 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 13, 2014
    Brazil
    Already have patched to download?

10. 1NSaNe
    OP

1NSaNe Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2014
    I have too much less time now for continue so i will be pausing the project for about 2 months, im very sorry for that.
    If someone want to help, can pm me for info about replacing the texts.
    Also you can still help fixing the character creation menu i broke. I know how to do it but have no time.
    Dialogues are not translated and the description of the tamafuri is short. You can see the percentage of translation in first message.
    Enjoy

-------
    How to apply the patch

Open any toukiden .iso (linkdata_a.bin must be untouched) with UMDGen.
    Search for LINKDATA_A.BIN, right click then Apply PPF Patch, and select ppf.ppf
    Save as new .iso or .cso
    -------

ATTENTION: Any problem ocurred when translating the character creation menu, and there is a bug when you start a new game.
    My suggestion is to create new game with untouched iso, save, then apply the patch. Tutorial is working in the patch.

DOWNLOAD PPF PATCH: http://goo.gl/uJ7KfR

goth2191 and ZackHD like this.
  11. gwapogi187

gwapogi187 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2014
    it doesnt work for me, i already patched the file and when i started the game the screen just goes black and after 5 seconds the system restarted, can somebody please help me?

12. Cursed Kaiser

Cursed Kaiser Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2013
    the patch works perfectly on me ... nice job ^_^ we hope you could continue this soon or someone will help the project or someone could step in for this project.....

13. JuliusEra

JuliusEra majestix1988

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2012
    partial releases on item/skills/little info on those skills meanwhile full patch for story/descriptions(monsters\items\weapons)

by the way its good on ppsspp no problem so far

14. 1NSaNe
    OP

1NSaNe Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2014
    linkdata_a.bin must be untouched

15. Skelletonike

Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

GBAtemp Patron
    Skelletonike is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 26, 2008
    Portugal
    Steam City
    The best way to do a translation project in my opinion, is not to bother with releasing patches every now and then.
    Most groups tend to keep things going until they finish it, after that, they release the patch. Sometimes they might release another patch with minor improvements or to adress a bug.

I think you should keep it to yourself for now, bothering with patches and that stuff will just be a waste of time for now.

16. LEDAHGRIM

LEDAHGRIM RPG Dreamer

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2009
    United States
    It seems like the patch is useless when you update the game to version 1.06 (which is the latest) and
    have DLC on the memory stick...

Nothing translated for me except for one or two words, No weapons or skills at all nor anything from
    the screenshots... I was hoping to be able to use the patch along with the update and DLC since a lot
    was fixed since the initial release...

Too bad I can't see the skills with the updated game... Anyone playing this patch with the game updated
    to 1.06 and translated?

17. Belmont012

Belmont012 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2014
    Yeah. Using 1.06 too. Items, skills, weapons, etc are still in japanese. The only thing I notice that are in english are the quests name I think.

18. NicoBlogs

NicoBlogs CDRomance <3

Apr 19, 2013
    United States
    USA
    can the ppf patch be fixed somehow? :huh:

19. xhai

xhai GBAtemp Regular

Sep 19, 2012
    This is the problem when updating the game, it will replaces some files and encrypt it. You need to narrow check where the file is encrypt..

NicoBlogs likes this.
  20. 2012Z

2012Z Member

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2013
    WOw... nice work!
    Would it be better to check VITA version first, and extract the files and import it to this PSP version.
    Could this be possible?